Chamberlain Ledger Book, 1899-1901
- Chamberlain, Aaron H., Author
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Ledger Book
- This item is a ledger book that belonged to Dr. Aaron H. Chamberlain (b. 1829, d. 1916). As a doctor and physician, he practiced his job out of his former home, west of Kelvin, Ontario. This ledger was used to keep record of his patients, some of his daily activities, and of financial transactions from November 9, 1899 to January 13, 1901. Most transactions recorded are between 50 cents and several dollars in value. The second last page has multiple names and addresses recorded in writing, likely some of Dr. Chamberlains' patients.
- Dr. Aaron Chamberlain was born in East Oakland, in Brant County, Ontario to Joel and Elvira Main Chamberlain on 7th October, 1829. Aaron attended the Michigan Medical College at the University of Michigan between 1864 and 1865, and the Victoria Royal Medical School in 1867. He would marry Melinda Clark Chamberlain on 10th November, 1869, the same year he obtained his medical licence in Ontario. Over the next forty years Chamberlain practiced allopathic medicine in his home, as well as visiting patients. Aaron Chamberlain died in Kelvin, Ontario on 11th November, 1916. He was the father of Charles Hedgers Chamberlain.
- Date of Original
- November 1899-January 1901
- Personal Name(s)
- Chamberlain, Aaron H., Dr.
- Local identifier
- Brant Museum and Archives Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.0834 Longitude: -80.49968
Latitude: 43.0168 Longitude: -80.36637
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Chamberlain, Dr. Aaron H. "Chamberlain Ledger Book, 1899-1901." Brant Museum and Archives Collection. Item No. 2000.6.1.021.
- Brant Museum and Archives CollectionEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:57 Charlotte St.
Brantford, ON N3T 2W6