Paris Cadets Welcoming Baron Byng, 9 April 1922
- Unknown, Photographer
- Smith, Donald A., Editor
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of the Paris cadets in uniform, waiting to welcome the train carrying Governor General Baron Byng and his wife in their visit to Paris on 9 April 1922. The boys stand in formation in the foreground beside train tracks. The public stands on the opposite side of the tracks wearing hats, jackets, and long coats. In the background, there are several automobiles, trees, and houses to the right. The train station on Broadway Street East is visible to the extreme right.
- At this time, most schoolboys were required to be a member of the cadets.
This image appears on page 35 of photographs in the publication At the Forks of the Grand: Volume II by D. A. Smith.
- The photograph is captioned "Awaiting the arrival of the gubernatorial train bearing the vice-regal couple, Baron and Lady Byng, April 9, 1922."
- Date Of Event
- 9 April 1922
- Local identifier
- D.A. Smith Photograph Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.2 Longitude: -80.38333
- Paris Museum and Historical Society
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Paris Cadets Welcoming Governor General Byng, 9 April 1922, Paris Museum and Historical Society. D.A. Smith Photograph Collection, 1999.0248.01.
- The information and images provided are for personal research only and are not to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this information should include the credit “Paris Museum and Historical Society.”
- Paris Museum and Historical SocietyEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
Paris Museum and Historical Society
51 William Street, Paris, ON