County of Brant Public Library Digital Collections
Historical Buildings of the County of Brant
Records

Results

We found
29
matching items
Geographic Location
Burford
  
Groups
Historical Buildings of the County of Brant
  
  • Photograph of the Silo at the Harley Homestead
        This is a photograph of the silo on the Harley Homestead, presumed to have been taken in 1954, the year the silo was built.
      This is a photograph of the silo on the Harley Homestead, presumed ...
  • Photograph of the Harley Homestead
        This is a photograph of the Harley Homestead circa 1950. The verandah on the front of the home has since been renovated into a closed den. The chimney in the photograph was removed circa 1955.
      This is a photograph of the Harley Homestead circa 1950. The verandah ...
  • Aerial Photograph of the Harley Homestead
        This is an aerial photograph of the Harley Homestead. Although the date is unknown, it is presumed to be 1948. The smaller barn in the photograph was blown down in hurricane Hazel in 1954. The large tree in the center of the photograph has since been taken down and replaced ...
      This is an aerial photograph of the Harley Homestead. Although the date ...
  • Postcard of the Harley Homestead
        This is a postcard with a drawing of the Harley Homestead from 1951, where it is presumed Archibald Harley resided. The verandah shown in the drawing has since been renovated into a closed den.
      This is a postcard with a drawing of the Harley Homestead from ...
  • Davis Farm
        House Summary The Davis Farm, located in Burford Township, was first purchased in 1797 by Andrew Meyers. Although it is not certain, it is presumed that Mr. Meyers built the home that stands on the property today sometime during his residency. Ownership eventually passed to Joseph Smith, who owned most ...
      House Summary The Davis Farm, located in Burford Township, was first purchased ...
  • Russel Smith House
        House Summary The Russel Smith house, located in the Burford Township, is situated on property once owned by prominent farmer, Russel Smith. The original home, built circa 1835, burned down and a white brick Gothic Revival home was built in its place circa 1850. Russel Smith was a mixed farmer ...
      House Summary The Russel Smith house, located in the Burford Township, is ...
  • Fairfield Plains United Church
        Building Summary The Fairfield Plains United Church (originally named Fairfield Methodist Church) is located in the Burford Township. The land was purchased in 1838, with its original intended use to be a burial ground. A frame church was erected in 1839 and this building was sold and removed to be ...
      Building Summary The Fairfield Plains United Church (originally named Fairfield Methodist Church) ...
  • Harley Homestead
        House Summary The Harley Homestead of the Burford Township was built circa 1843 for Archibald Harley (whom the town of Harley was named after) and his family. Archibald was a politician and engaged in farming while residing on the homestead. The house was constructed in three separate units due to ...
      House Summary The Harley Homestead of the Burford Township was built circa ...
  • The Doran Home
        House Summary This Italianate home, located on 4th Concession Road, is a Heritage Property in the former Burford Township. It was built in 1885 and is rumored to have been originally owned by John Doran who was a local merchant. John Doran also may have been the town’s Postmaster. The ...
      House Summary This Italianate home, located on 4th Concession Road, is a ...
  • The Snodgrass Residence
        House Summary The Snodgrass Residence, also known as Pepper Farm and Grassridge Farms, is located on Bishopsgate Road in Burford. It was built circa 1850 and is an excellent example of a Regency Style Farm Cottage. The home has been in the Snodgrass family for many decades. The Snodgrass Family ...
      House Summary The Snodgrass Residence, also known as Pepper Farm and Grassridge ...
  • The Shearer Home
        House Summary This Regency style home, located on Bishopsgate Road, was built in 1860. It features a small front gable window, six-over-six sash windows and a porch that may be an original variation on the style. It had been in the Shearer family for many decades and still features much ...
      House Summary This Regency style home, located on Bishopsgate Road, was built ...
  • The Stevenson Farm
        House Summary This late Victorian Farmhouse, located on Highway 53, was built in 1866. Recognized for its striking porch and front gable window, it truly stands the test of time.2 Timeline c. 1866 - Maria Wier purchased home for $2000.001 1867 - Archibald McDonald purchased home1 1874 - Philip Grandine ...
      House Summary This late Victorian Farmhouse, located on Highway 53, was built ...
  • The Koustall House
        House Summary The Koustall House, located on Bishopsgate Road, is an award-winning Georgian-Style home recognized by the Architectural Conservatory of Ontario. Built in 1870, it is the area’s most architecturally significant homes featuring six-over-six panes and an elaborate porch with gingerbread scroll.2 Timeline c. 1870 - Home was contructed1 18?? ...
      House Summary The Koustall House, located on Bishopsgate Road, is an award-winning ...
  • The Presgrave House
        House Summary This 1.5 storey Arts and Crafts style bungalow, located on Maple Avenue South, was built in 1920 and is designated as a heritage property. Much has been updated throughout the home but you can still appreciate the architecture and design of the interior and exterior. Timeline 1920 - ...
      House Summary This 1.5 storey Arts and Crafts style bungalow, located on ...
  • The Reavie House
        Summary This Italianate Brick Veneer home, noticeably recognized for its pale blue brick colour with white trim, is located in Burford. This home has a Burford Recognition Plaque for its Heritage and is built circa 1885. The swimming pool located on the property was used to teach the local children ...
      Summary This Italianate Brick Veneer home, noticeably recognized for its pale blue ...
  • Rapai House
        Summary The Hawksfield Farm, located on Maple Avenue South, is an Ontario Farm House. The property was once 200 acres but now stands at about 112 acres. Many new additions have been added to the property but many of the original features still stand such as the stairs, railings, flooring ...
      Summary The Hawksfield Farm, located on Maple Avenue South, is an Ontario ...
  • Jull House/Robinson Funeral Home
        Summary The house was owned by the Jull family from 1904 until the late 1930s when it was purchased by Mr. And Mrs. Clare Robinson. It was used as small apartments for airmen training at the Brantford airport during the Second World War. Following the War, the house underwent significant ...
      Summary The house was owned by the Jull family from 1904 until ...
  • Postcard of the Bonney/Innes Farm
        This item is a postcard with a photograph of the Bonney/Innes farm in Burford Township on the front. The date this photograph was taken is unknown.
      This item is a postcard with a photograph of the Bonney/Innes farm ...
  • Aerial Photo of the Bonney/Innes Farm
        This item is an aerial photograph of the Bonney/Innes farm in Burford Township. The photo was taken in 1948.
      This item is an aerial photograph of the Bonney/Innes farm in Burford ...
  • Photograph of the Jull House/Robinson Funeral Home
        This item is a photograph of the Jull House and former Robinson funeral home located in Burford. The date this photo was taken is unknown.
      This item is a photograph of the Jull House and former Robinson ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.

thumbnail








Historical Buildings of the County of Brant