Almaguin Highlands Digital Collections

Results

We found
11
matching items
  • Looking Back with the Magnetawan Women's Institute
        Two-hundred-sixty-six page history of the village of Magnetawan. Written by the Magnetawan Women's Institute.
      Two-hundred-sixty-six page history of the village of Magnetawan. Written by the Magnetawan ...
  • History of The Grand Trunk Railway in Sundridge
        Four page history on the Grand Trunk Railway. This document focuses mainly on the impact of the railway on the Sundridge area. It covers the export and import of farm goods and how the the local business reacted to the railroad.
      Four page history on the Grand Trunk Railway. This document focuses mainly ...
  • Emsdale Agricultural Society Scrapbook, 1895 - 1989
        One-hundred-twenty-four page binder about the Emsdale Agricultural Society from 1895 - 1989. The binder was compiled in the fashion of a scrapbook. Subjects covered in the scrapbook include: the Emsdale Fall Fair, members of the Emsdale Agricultural Society, photographs, Agricultural Society award winners, and newspaper clippings relating to the society.
      One-hundred-twenty-four page binder about the Emsdale Agricultural Society from 1895 - 1989. ...
  • Zion United Church Sundridge 1886 - 1986
        Seven page history of the local United Church's 100th anniversary. This short history includes a list of the church's past ministers, a history of the church in Sundridge, and information on the church's drive to get out of a school building into their own building.
      Seven page history of the local United Church's 100th anniversary. This short ...
  • Excerpt from "God's Country" by Rev. John Firman
        Two page excerpt from God's Country. The excerpt focuses on the Methodist Church in Sundridge. A lot of the history of the Methodist Church has been lost. The records of the church don't start until 1890. This excerpt covers the sparse material available up until 1930.
      Two page excerpt from God's Country. The excerpt focuses on the Methodist ...
  • History of Sundridge
        Text document on the History of Sundridge. This history was written by Sundridge resident Lucy Rennie. It covers the first European families in the area. It also discuses the shops built in the area, and the development of the railway. Lucy also describes the family store her father ran and ...
      Text document on the History of Sundridge. This history was written by ...
  • Historical Sketch of Sundridge by Rev. J. Macartney, June 1946
        Text in a green duo-tang of the the history of the Methodist, Presbyterian & United Churches in Sundridge Ontario. However the early part of the piece discusses how people would make the journey to Sundridge. There's also a list of the reverends of the Methodist & Presbyterian churches.
      Text in a green duo-tang of the the history of the Methodist, ...
  • Kearney 100 Years
        Three-hundred-fifty-seven page book on the history of the village and Kearney and the surrounding villages. The main sections of the book are: farming, forestry, commerce, railroads, hotels, mining, families, mysteries, ghost towns, churches, recreation, schools, local organizations & local music and songs.
      Three-hundred-fifty-seven page book on the history of the village and Kearney and ...
  • History Project: South River and Surrounding Townships, 1983
        This is a history project about South River and its surrounding communities. The text is located within a orange duo-tang. The project begins with a general introduction of why, when, and how settlement began in South River and the surrounding townships. The project proceeds with 10 individual sections, each including ...
      This is a history project about South River and its surrounding communities. ...
  • Tales Of The Early Days
        114 page history of the Village of Sundridge and surrounding areas. Each of the thirty-three sections was written by a different author.
      114 page history of the Village of Sundridge and surrounding areas. Each ...
  • The Beginning of South River Incorporated 1907
        Historical Report in a blue duo-tang. It was originally written by Jamie Hall and Mark Kehae for a High School History project. It is twenty-two pages long with pictures. It includes the following topics: Early Buildings, Early Settlers, Churches and the Electric Company. All of these subjects are in relation ...
      Historical Report in a blue duo-tang. It was originally written by Jamie ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
Subjects
Item Types
Years
1880s1880188118821883188418851886188718881889
1890s1890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
1940s1940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
1960s1960196119621963196419651966196719681969
1970s1970197119721973197419751976197719781979
1980s1980198119821983198419851986198719881989
1990s1990199119921993199419951996199719981999
2000s2000200120022003200420052006200720082009
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit