Charles Chesney Quirt Memorial Plaque
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This is a black and white photograph of a memorial to Charles Chesney Quirt, for his development of East Bay from 1932 to 1947. The plaque is metal, anchored on a rock.
- Charles Chesney Quirt (1872-1950) operated a few different sawmills in the South River area, as well as selling insurance at various times. In 1932 Charles bought a farm on the East Bay of Eagle Lake, had it surveyed, and after selling the land it eventually became the Eagle lake Golf Course.
- Erected by his family in memory of the vision and labours of Charles Chesney Quirt, who developed this portion of lakefront property on East Bay during the years 1932-1947.
- Date of Original
- circa 1950
- Date Of Event
- circa 1950
Width: 5 in
Height: 3 in
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 5in
Image Height: 3in
- Local identifier
- file #57
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 45.8334 Longitude: -79.38293
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- South River - Machar Union PLEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
For inquiries about our content, contact
Address: P. O. Box 190, 63 Marie St., South River, ON P0A 1X0