Wedding Photograph of Dr. and Mrs. J.J. Hare, September 28, 1874
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A black and white Wedding photograph of Rev. Dr. John James Hare (1847-1922)and Katherine Isabella McDowell.
- Rev. Dr. John James Hare (1847-1922) was the first principal of the Ontario Ladies' College at Trafalgar Castle from 1874 to 1915.
He was married September 28, 1874 to Katherine Isabella McDowell at Barrie, Ontario.
Dr. Hare was born in Nepean Township, Canada West, in 1847 and died at Rochester, Minnesota, U.S.A., in 1922.
Katherine Isabella McDowell (Mrs. Hare) was born in 1854, and died at Rockford, Illinois, U.S.A., on March 11, 1922.
Both are buried at Union Cemetery, Oshawa.
Photograph reprinted in the Gazette and Chronicle, June 12, 1924 Ontario Ladies' College (O.L.C.) Jubilee edition.
- Bottom: THE LATE DR. AND MRS. HARE, At the time of their marriage.
- Date of Original
- September 28, 1874
Width: 6 cm
Height: 6 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 6cm
Image Height: 6cm
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.40011 Longitude: -79.66634
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian copyright law. No restrictions on use.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from a copy negative.