Trafalgar Township Historical Society Digital Collections

Results

We found
317
matching items
  • Transcripts of Documents of the 2nd Regiment of York Militia During the War of 1812. Transcribed and Indexed by Fred Blair, 2nd Edition Published January 26, 2017
        This is a transcription of documents from Volumes 16 and 17, two of thirty-nine volumes of pay records and accounts of the Upper Canada Militia during the time of the War of 1812 as transcribed by Fred Blair from the digital document copies published in 2012 on the Collections Canada ...
      This is a transcription of documents from Volumes 16 and 17, two ...
  • James Appelbe House, 257 Dundas Street East
        This was a Designated Town of Oakville Heritage Building. The house was built in 1850 by James Appelbe who emigrated from Ireland in 1815 with his widowed mother and older brother, William. James was apprenticed to a merchant in Hamilton and later taught school. In 1831 he married Jemima (Kaitting) ...
      This was a Designated Town of Oakville Heritage Building. The house was ...
  • 2488 Old Bronte Road Architectural Detail
        This photograph is of the outstanding craftsmanship on a door of the house formerly at 2488 Old Bronte Road. The house was built ca1822 in Trafalgar Township. Unfortunately, in 2007 it was deemed to be in such an unsafe state of disrepair that it was removed from the Town of ...
      This photograph is of the outstanding craftsmanship on a door of the ...
  • 2008 (50th) Anniversary of the 1958 McCurdy School, S.S. No. 8, Closing - School Photos 1940-1950 Handout
        Several years of committee work cumulated on April 5, 2008 at a celebratory reunion in Milton's Heritage Country Park when former pupils and teachers of S.S. No. 8, McCurdy School gathered to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the closing of the school in 1958. Attendees at the celebration received five ...
      Several years of committee work cumulated on April 5, 2008 at a ...
  • Ephraim Post, the younger, 1823-1883
        The Post Inn was opened by the Post family on the south-west corner of Dundas Street and 7th Line (which is now called Trafalgar Road), or on Lot 13 Concession 1 SDS, before 1827. The Inn was first run by the father of the Ephraim Post in the photograph here, ...
      The Post Inn was opened by the Post family on the south-west ...
  • S.S. #10 Trafalgar aka the Little White Schoolhouse
        In 1824, a log school was built at the modern-day named intersection of Tenth Line and Britannia Roads in the former Trafalgar Township, Halton County. This area originated as part of Trafalgar Township, later amalgamated into Toronto Township, Peel County. Approximately 50 pupils, including many adults, attended when the school ...
      In 1824, a log school was built at the modern-day named intersection ...
  • Shea Farmhouse, Snider's Corners
        This farmhouse was on Lot 7 Concession 2 NDS Trafalgar Township. In modern terms, this is located just west of where the intersection of 8th Line and Burnhamthorpe Road East would be if the Eighth Line came up to Burnhamthorpe, in Oakville. The area was Snider's Corners which was centered ...
      This farmhouse was on Lot 7 Concession 2 NDS Trafalgar Township. In ...
  • Jane Bell Dixon of Sprucedale Farm, Trafalgar Township
        Jane was the daughter of John and Sarah Bell who had come from the Parish of Scotts Place and Drumquin in County Fermanagh in Ireland. They had previously left Scotland for Ireland, to avoid the Persecution of Dundee. They settled on the west half of Lot 10, Concession 7, Nelson ...
      Jane was the daughter of John and Sarah Bell who had come ...
  • 2346 Lower Base Line Road
        This photograph was taken in 1999. The house was the home of the Stoutt family for a good 90 years. John Stout was granted the land deed for Lot NE 1/4 8, Concession 1 NS in 1846 (Deed 5 18460401 ND). He was about 67 years of age at the ...
      This photograph was taken in 1999. The house was the home of ...
  • Survey of the Sixteen Mile Creek Hollow, 1847
        1847? Survey of the 16 Mile Creek National Archives NMC 017648
      1847? Survey of the 16 Mile Creek National Archives NMC 017648
  • Trafalgar Township Hall, ca1940
        Trafalgar Township Hall
      Trafalgar Township Hall
  • Hagaman & Co. General Dealers, Bronte C.W. Jug
        Hagaman & Co. General Dealers Bronte C. W.
      Hagaman & Co. General Dealers Bronte C. W.
  • Ralph and Rebecca Breckon
        Portrait of Ralph Breckon (1832-1874) and Rebecca Breckon née Stephenson (1836-1867).
      Portrait of Ralph Breckon (1832-1874) and Rebecca Breckon née Stephenson (1836-1867).
  • Sketch of S.S. #16, Trafalgar, the Sixteen Schoolhouse
        Printed on the sketch: Sixteen Schoolhouse 18 - 1955. The dedication plate reads: Presented to Abbey Lane School in Honour of the Official Opening by the Halton Elementary Teachers Association, April 29, 1997?? 1957?? (the year is not clear and the school website has no history of the school). (Abbey ...
      Printed on the sketch: Sixteen Schoolhouse 18 - 1955. The dedication plate ...
  • Palermo United Church
        The church in Palermo was built in 1867.
      The church in Palermo was built in 1867.
  • Whiffletrees (aka Whippletrees) from the Farm of Tom Shea
        The Shea family story is that Irish immigrant Thomas Shea met a man named Joe Brown on the boat over. Joe recommended that Thomas go to the Tobin farm in Trafalgar Township as they "would put him up". Thomas did, he met Bridget (nee Moran) and Patrick's granddaughter, Frances. Thomas ...
      The Shea family story is that Irish immigrant Thomas Shea met a ...
  • Scuffler From the Farm of Tom Shea
        This scuffler was used on the farm of Thomas Vincent Shea. Tom's parents were Tom and Frances Shea. The large metal teeth of the scuffler dig in to break up the soil. It's like a precursor of a rototiller. The whiffletrees shown in a separate record in our collection would ...
      This scuffler was used on the farm of Thomas Vincent Shea. Tom's ...
  • Ford Family
        Grandmother (Maggie) and Grandfather (John Albert) Ford holding R.F. Ford (Hank). Grandmother Newell, and unknown lady, Mary Ford, and Grandfather Newell.
      Grandmother (Maggie) and Grandfather (John Albert) Ford holding R.F. Ford (Hank). Grandmother ...
  • Bert Langtry
        A photograph of Bert Langtry, as he was called, possibly taken at the time of his engagement to Annie McKay. The notice of Bert's death in the January 7, 1926 Milton Canadian Champion newspaper, page 3, col.5, says that their residence was on the Middle Road in Bronte (Merton area), ...
      A photograph of Bert Langtry, as he was called, possibly taken at ...
  • Bert and Annie (McKay) Langtry and Family
        Our original donor named the people in this photograph as Andrew Pettit "Bert" Langtry, wife Annie née McKay and daughters Amy Christina and Clara Elizabeth. In early 2017, a grandson of the oldest daughter, Irene, emailed to tell us that the little girl sitting between the parents is definitely Irene. ...
      Our original donor named the people in this photograph as Andrew Pettit ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
Subjects
Item Types
Years
1840s1840184118421843184418451846184718481849
1850s1850185118521853185418551856185718581859
18601860186118621863186418651866186718681869
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
1880s1880188118821883188418851886188718881889
1890s1890189118921893189418951896189718981899
1900s1900190119021903190419051906190719081909
1910s1910191119121913191419151916191719181919
1920s1920192119221923192419251926192719281929
1930s1930193119321933193419351936193719381939
1940s1940194119421943194419451946194719481949
1950s1950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
1970s1970197119721973197419751976197719781979
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit