Trafalgar Township Historical Society Digital Collections

Results

We found
317
matching items
  • Brian Shillum, Mrs. Taylor and Wayne Shillum, Early 1950's
        Rose and Robert Shillum bought the 100 acre dairy farm on the Back Concession (now 3133 Burnhamthorpe Rd. West), Palermo, from Fred Edwards and moved their family from Toronto in 1950. There, on Rosemar Farms, they raised their three boys, Bob, Wayne and Brian. Robert Sr. was a sales representative ...
      Rose and Robert Shillum bought the 100 acre dairy farm on the ...
  • Shillum Dairy Farm, Wayne and Brian Shillum with Bill and Mrs. Taylor
        Rose and Robert Shillum bought the 100 acre dairy farm on the Back Concession (now 3133 Burnhamthorpe Rd. West), Palermo, from Fred Edwards and moved their family from Toronto in 1950. There, on "Rosemar Farms", they raised their three boys, Bob, Wayne and Brian. Robert Sr. was a sales representative ...
      Rose and Robert Shillum bought the 100 acre dairy farm on the ...
  • Coyne School, 1925
        Coyne's School S.S. #9 - R.R. 1 May 11th, 25
      Coyne's School S.S. #9 - R.R. 1 May 11th, 25
  • Post Barn Trafalgar Road and Dundas, 1985
        The barn on the Post farm, north-east corner of Trafalgar Road and Dundas Street. Photograph taken in 1985.
      The barn on the Post farm, north-east corner of Trafalgar Road and ...
  • Auburn Barn Back View, Hall Farm, Derry and Trafalgar Roads, 1988
        A second photograph of the Auburn Farm barn taken in 1988. The December 2014 Heritage Milton Minutes Report No. 011 discusses Auburn Farm and its connection with the farm of Robert Emery Hall on page 5. At the time of this 2014 report, the barn was in poor condition and ...
      A second photograph of the Auburn Farm barn taken in 1988. The ...
  • Barn in the area of Trafalgar Road, north of Dundas Street, 1985
        Specific location unknown but somewhere along Trafalgar Road north of Dundas Street up to Steeles. Taken in 1985.
      Specific location unknown but somewhere along Trafalgar Road north of Dundas Street ...
  • Barn of Les King, Hornby, 1988
        This was the barn of Les King on the south-west corner of Trafalgar Road at Steeles, Hornby. The photograph was taken in 1988.
      This was the barn of Les King on the south-west corner of ...
  • Barn on Picket Farm, 1988
        Barn on the Picket farm, north of Eglinton in Drumquin, Trafalgar Township. Photograph taken in 1988.
      Barn on the Picket farm, north of Eglinton in Drumquin, Trafalgar Township. ...
  • 2467 Bronte Road, Oakville, Ontario
        5 photographs of 2467 Bronte Road, as it was at the time, now 2467 Old Bronte Road in Oakville, Ontario. There is no indication of the date but markings on the back of each photograph show they are from the same roll of film, possibly the 1970's. The last 2 ...
      5 photographs of 2467 Bronte Road, as it was at the time, ...
  • Trafalgar Memorial Park Historical Panels, Lot 14 Con 1 SDS Trafalgar
        This shows one of the historical panels now in the Memorial Park in Oakville which also has the Trafalgar War Memorial at 120 Oak Park Boulevard. The large photograph is of the Hays' Sales Arena taken in the 1950's, on one section of the former Hays farm, Lot 14, Con. ...
      This shows one of the historical panels now in the Memorial Park ...
  • Trafalgar Memorial Park Historical Panels, Lot 15 Con 1 SDS Trafalgar
        This shows one of the historical panels now in the Memorial Park in Oakville which also has the Trafalgar War Memorial at 120 Oak Park Boulevard. The large photograph is an aerial photograph of Lot 15, Con. 1 SDS Trafalgar Township. This land, as the panel explains, was originally granted ...
      This shows one of the historical panels now in the Memorial Park ...
  • Trafalgar Memorial Park Historical Panels
        The Town of Oakville has constructed a heritage memorial now in the Memorial Park in Oakville which also has the Trafalgar War Memorial at 120 Oak Park Boulevard. The panels commemorate area farming settlers on Con.1, Lots 13, 14 and 15, SDS, Trafalgar Township. The Jones, Munn, Hays, Sullivan and ...
      The Town of Oakville has constructed a heritage memorial now in the ...
  • 1470 Lower Base Line, Oakville, 1991
        As per the Town of Oakville Heritage Planner, 1470 Lower Base Line was the farmhouse on Con 2 NDS Lot 23. The house was constructed about 1860 and associated with T.W. Evans, born in Ireland in 1832.
      As per the Town of Oakville Heritage Planner, 1470 Lower Base Line ...
  • Storey Homestead
        Storey Homestead, at 2424 Sovereign St, Bronte. Photograph taken in March 1979.
      Storey Homestead, at 2424 Sovereign St, Bronte. Photograph taken in March 1979.
  • Gordon Booth, Elmer Downs and son, Albert, Floyd Downs at Steam Era, Milton in 1971
        Left to right: Albert Downs, Gordon Booth, Elmer Downs, Floyd Downs. The Downs owned and operated a portable saw mill and threshing machines in the area for many years. Elmer was one of the founders of the Steam-Era.
      Left to right: Albert Downs, Gordon Booth, Elmer Downs, Floyd Downs. The ...
  • R. Ford and His Son Hank (Featherstone) Ford.
        The Ford farm was on the 5th Line at Lower Base Road, Trafalgar Township. The house had been built by great-grandfather James Ford. His son, J.A. Ford and family lived there. In turn, R.R. Ford raised his family there.
      The Ford farm was on the 5th Line at Lower Base Road, ...
  • Palermo Women's Institute
        Ethel Wettlaufer is at the bottom left. The lady on Ethel’s left is Gwen Lister. Ethel Wettlaufer taught at the Palermo public school, 1940's-1950's. She married Eckhardt Reiner Elton Wettlaufer in 1924. Book III, page 66 of the Nelson Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History has a handwritten history of the Palermo ...
      Ethel Wettlaufer is at the bottom left. The lady on Ethel’s left ...
  • Probate of Last Will and Testament of James Hopper, Trafalgar, 1854
        The two page probate of the last will and testament of James Hopper, Trafalgar, 1854 with the first record image being the mailing envelope. As per the envelope, it was mailed to Mr. Jonathan Book, Palermo P.O. C.W. It was mailed at Hamilton in 1854. (C.W. stood for "Canada West".) ...
      The two page probate of the last will and testament of James ...
  • Special Report of Palermo Sidewalk Commmissioners for 1910
        Handwritten on the cover in pencil: Miss Book. Handwritten in ink on page 3 entitled "Cash Subscribed" after the donor identified as "A Friend" is the name, "Dr. Book".
      Handwritten on the cover in pencil: Miss Book. Handwritten in ink on ...
  • Shillum Dairy Farm, 1950's
        Rose and Robert Shillum bought the 100 acre dairy farm on the Back Concession (now 3133 Burnhamthorpe Rd. West), Palermo, from Fred Edwards and moved their family from Toronto in 1950. They named their property Rosemar Farms. This photograph shows an old Department of Highways truck that was adapted for ...
      Rose and Robert Shillum bought the 100 acre dairy farm on the ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
Subjects
Item Types
Years
1840s1840184118421843184418451846184718481849
1850s1850185118521853185418551856185718581859
18601860186118621863186418651866186718681869
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
1880s1880188118821883188418851886188718881889
1890s1890189118921893189418951896189718981899
1900s1900190119021903190419051906190719081909
1910s1910191119121913191419151916191719181919
1920s1920192119221923192419251926192719281929
1930s1930193119321933193419351936193719381939
1940s1940194119421943194419451946194719481949
1950s1950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
1970s1970197119721973197419751976197719781979
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit