Trafalgar Township Historical Society Digital Collections

Results

We found
9
matching items
  • Shea Farmhouse, Snider's Corners
        This farmhouse was on Lot 7 Concession 2 NDS Trafalgar Township. In modern terms, this is located just west of where the intersection of 8th Line and Burnhamthorpe Road East would be if the Eighth Line came up to Burnhamthorpe, in Oakville. The area was Snider's Corners which was centered ...
      This farmhouse was on Lot 7 Concession 2 NDS Trafalgar Township. In ...
  • Shea Family, 1897
        A formal photograph of the Shea family taken at the front entrance to the farmhouse, Lot 7 Concession 2 NDS Trafalgar Township in 1897. This is located just west of where the intersection of 8th Line and Burnhamthorpe Road East would be if the Eighth Line came up to Burnhamthorpe, ...
      A formal photograph of the Shea family taken at the front entrance ...
  • 4076 Ninth Line, Oakville, 1980's
        4076 Ninth Line is on the west side of 9th Line, just north of Burnhamthorpe Road East, Oakville. The area is known as Snider's Corners. Today, it is the home of a Jehovah Witness Kingdom Hall. There are two photographs of the house in this record. To see the other ...
      4076 Ninth Line is on the west side of 9th Line, just ...
  • Snider's School Students, S.S. #4 Trafalgar
        An undated photograph of the student body of the one-room schoolhouse, S.S. No. 4, Trafalgar, Snider's School. No people have been identified to us. The old one-room S.S. #4 Snider's School was closed in 1956. The building was used as a house until 2010 when it was torn down for ...
      An undated photograph of the student body of the one-room schoolhouse, S.S. ...
  • S.S. #4 Trafalgar, Snider's School Students, 1901
        The photograph here is scanned from a poor photocopy of the original. The photographer over-exposed the right side of the image in the original. The final quality problem is that the resolution of the image in our record is lower. This all makes it difficult to see the people in ...
      The photograph here is scanned from a poor photocopy of the original. ...
  • Wesley Methodist Church, Snider's Corners
        The front door faced south onto Burnhamthorpe Road. Snider's Corners was a large rural area centered around the church, school and community centre at the intersection of Ninth Line and Burnhamthorpe Road, Lot 6 NDS Con 2 Halton County. The area was opened as part of Trafalgar Township in Halton ...
      The front door faced south onto Burnhamthorpe Road. Snider's Corners was a ...
  • Snider's Public School, 1960's
        Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in their jurisdictions. The old one or two room "S.S" (School Section) schools were closed as sleek, multi-roomed modern schools were built. The school in this photograph is located on Burnhamthorpe Road at Ninth line, north east corner. It ...
      Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in ...
  • Basketball Game at Snider's School, 1956-57.
        Snider's school was first built on land owned by Ephraim Post Concession 1, Lot 6, NDS. We know S.S. #4 was in use by 1877 and the 1878 Atlas shows it right on the corner on the southwest side of Ninth Line and Burnhamthorpe Road. The 200 acre Lot 6 ...
      Snider's school was first built on land owned by Ephraim Post Concession ...
  • Snider's School Girls Basketball Team, 1956-57.
        Snider's school was first built on land owned by Ephraim Post Concession 1, Lot 6, NDS. We know S.S. #4 was in use by 1877 and the 1878 Atlas shows it right on the corner on the southwest side of Ninth Line and Burnhamthorpe Road. The 200 acre Lot 6 ...
      Snider's school was first built on land owned by Ephraim Post Concession ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit