Trafalgar Township Historical Society Digital Collections

Results

We found
31
matching items
  • Gordon E. Perdue High School History 1962-1982
        In 1961, construction of this school was underway. Coincidentally, Prince Philip announced the need for a massive expansion of high school tecnical education and Canada responded with the Federal-Provincial Technical and Vocational Training Agreement with substantial grants for the composite academic, commercial and technical educational facilities. The Oakville Board was ...
      In 1961, construction of this school was underway. Coincidentally, Prince Philip announced ...
  • U.S.S. #17 Trafalgar, Ash School
        In 1875, the wooden frame school was built. It burned down in 1932. This is the brick building which replaced it, built in 1934, still a one-room schoolhouse. Florence Meares started her teaching career here in 1934 at age 18. She was a dedicated, passionate educator who also worked for ...
      In 1875, the wooden frame school was built. It burned down in ...
  • S.S. #6, Omagh Public School
        A rare, side view of S.S. No. 6, Trafalgar, Omagh public school. The one room, red brick schoolhouse was constructed in 1876 and demolished after 92 years. It was located on Five Sideroad, Oakville, just north of Omagh General Store.
      A rare, side view of S.S. No. 6, Trafalgar, Omagh public school. ...
  • S.S. #12 Trafalgar, 1936/37 Maple Grove School Students
        S.S. No. 12, Maple Grove School, Trafalgar Township was located on the west side of Ninth Line (below the QEW and railway line, today in 2020 this is called Maple Grove Road). It was built in 1872. The photograph in this record is scanned from a photocopy of the original ...
      S.S. No. 12, Maple Grove School, Trafalgar Township was located on the ...
  • U.S.S. #17 Trafalgar, Ash School, 1950 Students
        In 1875, the wooden frame school was built. It burned down in 1932. This is the brick building which replaced it, built in 1934, still a one-room schoolhouse. Florence Meares started her teaching career here in 1934 at age 18. She was a dedicated, passionate educator who also worked for ...
      In 1875, the wooden frame school was built. It burned down in ...
  • Sketch of S.S. #16, Trafalgar, the Sixteen Schoolhouse
        Printed on the sketch: Sixteen Schoolhouse 18 - 1955. The dedication plate reads: Presented to Abbey Lane School in Honour of the Official Opening by the Halton Elementary Teachers Association, April 29, 1997?? 1957?? (the year is not clear and the school website has no history of the school). (Abbey ...
      Printed on the sketch: Sixteen Schoolhouse 18 - 1955. The dedication plate ...
  • S.S.#14 Trafalgar, Glenorchy School
        S.S. No. 14, Glenorchy school was also known as Pleasant Valley School. The small building on the right is the shed which protected the well. The school was on the floodplain flats of the Sixteen Mile Creek on the Fourth Line, just south of Lower Baseline. People remember the river ...
      S.S. No. 14, Glenorchy school was also known as Pleasant Valley School. ...
  • Glenorchy School, S.S. #14 Trafalgar in 1948
        S.S. No. 14, Glenorchy school was also known as Pleasant Valley School. The school was on the floodplain flats of the Sixteen Mile Creek on the Fourth Line, just south of Lower Baseline. People remember the river ice pushing up against the old school. A small building on the site ...
      S.S. No. 14, Glenorchy school was also known as Pleasant Valley School. ...
  • Glenorchy School, S.S. #14 Trafalgar
        Glenorchy School, S.S. 14, was located on 4th Line just below the Lower Baseline Rd., Trafalgar Township in Halton County. The small building on the right is the shed that protected the well. The school was on the flats of the Sixteen Mile Creek. There is quite a cliffside that ...
      Glenorchy School, S.S. 14, was located on 4th Line just below the ...
  • Linbrook Public School, 1960's
        Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in their jurisdictions. The old one or two room "S.S" (School Section) schools were closed as sleek, multi-roomed modern schools were built. The school in this photograph is located at 1079 Linbrook Road, east of Chartwell and south of ...
      Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in ...
  • Lorne Skuce Elementary School, 1960's
        This is Lorne Skuce Elementary School, formerly located on Ridge Drive, Oakville. In March 1997, a fire destroyed much of the school, arson was thought to be the cause. Lorne L. Skuce was a Superintendent of Public Schools. Ridge Drive runs east off Sixth Line and the school building is ...
      This is Lorne Skuce Elementary School, formerly located on Ridge Drive, Oakville. ...
  • S.S. #6, Omagh Public School
        1968 newspaper clipping: Demise of a One Room School The little red rural school house at Omagh, constructed in 1876 and vacant for the past several years, will soon be levelled. The 92-year-old solid brick building is located on Five Sideroad, Oakville, just north of Omagh General Store. The white ...
      1968 newspaper clipping: Demise of a One Room School The little red ...
  • Munn's School, S.S. #3A, ca1904
        This photograph shows the students and teachers on the front steps of the beautiful one-room school which had been built in 1900. Daniel Munn gave the land on which the first school in the Trafalgar Township was built in 1809. (He received the 200 acre land grant of Lot 15, ...
      This photograph shows the students and teachers on the front steps of ...
  • S.S. #10 Trafalgar aka the Little White Schoolhouse
        In 1824, a log school was built at the modern-day named intersection of Tenth Line and Britannia Roads in the former Trafalgar Township, Halton County. This area originated as part of Trafalgar Township, later amalgamated into Toronto Township, Peel County. Approximately 50 pupils, including many adults, attended when the school ...
      In 1824, a log school was built at the modern-day named intersection ...
  • S.S. #12 Trafalgar, Maple Grove Student Body, 1928
        S.S. No. 12, Maple Grove School, Trafalgar Township was located on the west side of Ninth Line (below the QEW and railway line, today in 2020 this is called Maple Grove Road). It was built in 1872. The photograph in this record is scanned from a photocopy of the original ...
      S.S. No. 12, Maple Grove School, Trafalgar Township was located on the ...
  • Snider's School Students, S.S. #4 Trafalgar
        An undated photograph of the student body of the one-room schoolhouse, S.S. No. 4, Trafalgar, Snider's School. No people have been identified to us. The old one-room S.S. #4 Snider's School was closed in 1956. The building was used as a house until 2010 when it was torn down for ...
      An undated photograph of the student body of the one-room schoolhouse, S.S. ...
  • Sixteen School, S.S. #16, Trafalgar Township
        Laura King is the teacher. Laura may have been about 18 years old in this photograph. She would not have continued teaching after her marriage in 1909. This one-room schoolhouse still sits on the west bank of the 16 Mile Creek, Fourth Line just below Dundas. It was used as ...
      Laura King is the teacher. Laura may have been about 18 years ...
  • S.S. #4 Trafalgar, Snider's School Students, 1901
        The photograph here is scanned from a poor photocopy of the original. The photographer over-exposed the right side of the image in the original. The final quality problem is that the resolution of the image in our record is lower. This all makes it difficult to see the people in ...
      The photograph here is scanned from a poor photocopy of the original. ...
  • S.S. #14 Trafalgar, Glenorchy School
        Painting of Glenorchy Schoolhouse and bridge at Fourth line just below Lower Baseline. The painting represents the site in 1870. The plaque on the photo says the picture was presented by The Devlin Family in 1966. S.S. No. 14 Trafalgar, Glenorchy school was also known as Pleasant Valley School. There ...
      Painting of Glenorchy Schoolhouse and bridge at Fourth line just below Lower ...
  • Maple Grove Public School, 1960's
        Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in their jurisdiction. The old one or two room "S.S" (School Section) schools were closed as sleek, multi-roomed modern schools were built. Maple Grove contains both the former S.S. No. 12 building on the left as well as the ...
      Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in ...
Search within these results
Sort
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit