Trafalgar Township Historical Society Digital Collections

Results

We found
12
matching items
  • S.S. #12 Trafalgar, 1936/37 Maple Grove School Students
        S.S. No. 12, Maple Grove School, Trafalgar Township was located on the west side of Ninth Line (below the QEW and railway line, today in 2020 this is called Maple Grove Road). It was built in 1872. The photograph in this record is scanned from a photocopy of the original ...
      S.S. No. 12, Maple Grove School, Trafalgar Township was located on the ...
  • U.S.S. #17 Trafalgar, Ash School, 1950 Students
        In 1875, the wooden frame school was built. It burned down in 1932. This is the brick building which replaced it, built in 1934, still a one-room schoolhouse. Florence Meares started her teaching career here in 1934 at age 18. She was a dedicated, passionate educator who also worked for ...
      In 1875, the wooden frame school was built. It burned down in ...
  • S.S. No. 10, Little White School ca1920
        In 1824, a log school was built at the modern-day named intersection of Tenth Line and Britannia Roads in the former Trafalgar Township, Halton County. This area originated as part of Trafalgar Township, later amalgamated into Toronto Township, Peel County. Approximately 50 pupils, including many adults, attended when the school ...
      In 1824, a log school was built at the modern-day named intersection ...
  • S.S. #12 Trafalgar, Maple Grove Student Body, 1928
        S.S. No. 12, Maple Grove School, Trafalgar Township was located on the west side of Ninth Line (below the QEW and railway line, today in 2020 this is called Maple Grove Road). It was built in 1872. The photograph in this record is scanned from a photocopy of the original ...
      S.S. No. 12, Maple Grove School, Trafalgar Township was located on the ...
  • Snider's School Students, S.S. #4 Trafalgar
        An undated photograph of the student body of the one-room schoolhouse, S.S. No. 4, Trafalgar, Snider's School. No people have been identified to us. The old one-room S.S. #4 Snider's School was closed in 1956. The building was used as a house until 2010 when it was torn down for ...
      An undated photograph of the student body of the one-room schoolhouse, S.S. ...
  • S.S. #4 Trafalgar, Snider's School Students, 1901
        The photograph here is scanned from a poor photocopy of the original. The photographer over-exposed the right side of the image in the original. The final quality problem is that the resolution of the image in our record is lower. This all makes it difficult to see the people in ...
      The photograph here is scanned from a poor photocopy of the original. ...
  • P.W. Merry Public School, 1962-1963 Grade 4
        The 1962-63 Grade 4 class of Miss L. Black, Percy W. Merry Public School, Trafalgar Township, now Oakville, Ontario. Percy W. Merry, or "P.W. Merry" as it was sometimes called, accommodated children from kindergarten to Grade Eight. In 1950's to early 1960's, a number of one-room schools in Halton County ...
      The 1962-63 Grade 4 class of Miss L. Black, Percy W. Merry ...
  • Percy W. Merry Public School, 1963-1964 Grade 5
        The 1963-64 Grade 5 class at Percy W. Merry Public School, Trafalgar Township, now Oakville, Ontario. It is thought the teacher is Mrs. Bradley. Percy W. Merry, or "P.W. Merry" as it was sometimes called, accommodated children from kindergarten to Grade Eight. In 1950's to early 1960's, a number of ...
      The 1963-64 Grade 5 class at Percy W. Merry Public School, Trafalgar ...
  • Westwood Public School ca1956
        Westwood Public School (Westwood P.S.) was built at 152 Wilson Street, northwest corner of Wilson and Rebecca Streets, Oakville, in 1922 to serve the west side of the town of Oakville. Now home to the Halton K9 Lions Club. The 2nd image in this record shows the individual signatures of ...
      Westwood Public School (Westwood P.S.) was built at 152 Wilson Street, northwest ...
  • Palermo Public School, 1967-1968 Grade 8
        1867 Centennial 1967 ; Palermo Public School Grades 7&8 Room 1
      1867 Centennial 1967 ; Palermo Public School Grades 7&8 Room 1
  • Palermo Public School, 1966-1967 Grade 7
        1966-1967 Grade 7 class with teacher, Mr. Ross Wark at Palermo Public School. There was a school in Palermo as early as 1819. It was one of 3 public schools in Trafalgar Twp. The first school building may have been on the same property as the ones built in 1844, ...
      1966-1967 Grade 7 class with teacher, Mr. Ross Wark at Palermo Public ...
  • Percy W. Merry School, 1964-1965 Grade 5 Class
        The 1964-65 Grade 5 class of Mrs. Fisher, Percy W. Merry Public School, Trafalgar Township, now Oakville, Ontario. Percy W. Merry, or "P.W. Merry" as it was sometimes called, accommodated children from kindergarten to Grade Eight. In 1950's to early 1960's, a number of one-room schools in Halton County were ...
      The 1964-65 Grade 5 class of Mrs. Fisher, Percy W. Merry Public ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit