Trafalgar Township Historical Society Digital Collections

Results

We found
21
matching items
Has Comment?
Yes
  • Gordon E. Perdue High School History 1962-1982
        In 1961, construction of this school was underway. Coincidentally, Prince Philip announced the need for a massive expansion of high school tecnical education and Canada responded with the Federal-Provincial Technical and Vocational Training Agreement with substantial grants for the composite academic, commercial and technical educational facilities. The Oakville Board was ...
      In 1961, construction of this school was underway. Coincidentally, Prince Philip announced ...
  • Early Settlement Home at Trafalgar Road and Dundas Street, ca. 1940
        House on the n.e. corner of Trafalgar Rd. and Dundas St., c.1940.
      House on the n.e. corner of Trafalgar Rd. and Dundas St., c.1940.
  • Jacquelyn's Bridge, 1916
        Front of postcard: "Jacquelyn's Bridge, Oakville". Verso: PRIVATE POSTCARD ; 10/18/16 ; THIS SPACE MAY BE USED FOR MESSAGES ; One of the old time bridges outside Oakville Town. These are fast disappearing to make room for new ones suited to automobile traffic."
      Front of postcard: "Jacquelyn's Bridge, Oakville". Verso: PRIVATE POSTCARD ; 10/18/16 ; ...
  • Ephraim Post, the younger, 1823-1883
        The Post Inn was opened by the Post family on the south-west corner of Dundas Street and 7th Line (which is now called Trafalgar Road), or on Lot 13 Concession 1 SDS, before 1827. The Inn was first run by the father of the Ephraim Post in the photograph here, ...
      The Post Inn was opened by the Post family on the south-west ...
  • Gordon Booth, Elmer Downs and son, Albert, Floyd Downs at Steam Era, Milton in 1971
        Left to right: Albert Downs, Gordon Booth, Elmer Downs, Floyd Downs. The Downs owned and operated a portable saw mill and threshing machines in the area for many years. Elmer was one of the founders of the Steam-Era.
      Left to right: Albert Downs, Gordon Booth, Elmer Downs, Floyd Downs. The ...
  • 3004 Dundas Street West, 1990s
        This farmhouse was on Lot 31, Concession 1, SDS, Trafalgar Township. It used to be right at the corner of Bronte Road (formerly Highway 25) and Dundas (formerly Highway 5), directly north of the Palermo Community Hall. Because Dundas Street was widened several times in the 20th century, (as was ...
      This farmhouse was on Lot 31, Concession 1, SDS, Trafalgar Township. It ...
  • Potato Truck Accident at the Glenorchy Bridge, 1964
        The two photographs in this record show the crashed potato truck and the work to retrieve it in about 1964 (the photo was developed in 1965 but that was likely a few months after it was taken). The truck was guided onto Fourth Line, an unsuitable route for a truck, ...
      The two photographs in this record show the crashed potato truck and ...
  • 1924 Oakville Football Club
        Oakville Football Club (OFC) and Officials. Season 1924 champions. Back Row, Left to Right- G. Shaw, Exec., J.M. McDuffee, Treasurer, G. McLaren, Exec., T. Blakelock, Exec., J. Taylor, Exec., I.R. Mills, Exec., A.A.P. Leiper, Pres., J. Horkins, Exec. Middle Row, Standing- H. Gilpin, Secretary, H. Stewart, Groundsman, H. Holbrook, Trainer, ...
      Oakville Football Club (OFC) and Officials. Season 1924 champions. Back Row, Left ...
  • Glenorchy School, S.S. #14 Trafalgar in 1948
        S.S. No. 14, Glenorchy school was also known as Pleasant Valley School. The school was on the floodplain flats of the Sixteen Mile Creek on the Fourth Line, just south of Lower Baseline. People remember the river ice pushing up against the old school. A small building on the site ...
      S.S. No. 14, Glenorchy school was also known as Pleasant Valley School. ...
  • Glenorchy School, S.S. #14 Trafalgar
        Glenorchy School, S.S. 14, was located on 4th Line just below the Lower Baseline Rd., Trafalgar Township in Halton County. The small building on the right is the shed that protected the well. The school was on the flats of the Sixteen Mile Creek. There is quite a cliffside that ...
      Glenorchy School, S.S. 14, was located on 4th Line just below the ...
  • 1855 Letter from Mary (Buckton) Hardy to Her Sister, Elizabeth (Buckton) Coates
        Mary Buckton and George Hardy married in England, then emigrated to Canada sometime by 1838. (Clarification of the birth place of their eldest daughter, Mary Elizabeth Hardy, is needed. Possibly in England, possibly in Canada as there seem to have been two Mary Hardy children at about the same time. ...
      Mary Buckton and George Hardy married in England, then emigrated to Canada ...
  • St. Stephen's Anglican Church, Hornby, Ontario
        St Stephen’s Anglican church, 14996 Steeles Ave, (just west of Ninth Line), Hornby. The main body of the church was built in 1837.
      St Stephen’s Anglican church, 14996 Steeles Ave, (just west of Ninth Line), ...
  • Petrie House, Formerly at 2401 Lakeshore Road West, Oakville, Ontario
        Petrie House, at the southwest corner Jones & Lakeshore Rd, in Bronte, 1979. Demolished in 1978-79. Under the photograph in this record is a link to another photograph of Petrie House and neighbouring Magnet Inn, taken happier days in 1974. Centriller Public School was across the street. Two people have ...
      Petrie House, at the southwest corner Jones & Lakeshore Rd, in Bronte, ...
  • Bill Dent's Store
        Store belonging to Bill Dent, on the north-west corner of Trafalgar Road and Dundas Street. The house next door belonged to a Mrs. Fisher. The photograph was taken in the spring of 1952. The Dents lived at Glenorchy.
      Store belonging to Bill Dent, on the north-west corner of Trafalgar Road ...
  • King George Arch Bridge Over the Sixteen Mile Creek, Looking West to Kerr St., Oakville, Demolished 1930's
        This bridge has been identified as "This would be the King George Arch bridge over the Sixteen Mile Creek. Looking west towards what is now Kerr Street. Ultimately demolished to make way for the QEW bridge in the 1930's." See the Comments section of this record. The sides of the ...
      This bridge has been identified as "This would be the King George ...
  • Oakville Trafalgar High School in Winter
        This is possibly the first student body and faculty of the Oakville Trafalgar High School in 1908. OTHS was located on Reynolds Street in the town of Oakville until 1992. As well as referring to it as "Oakville High School", it is also referred to by the acronyms, "OT" or ...
      This is possibly the first student body and faculty of the Oakville ...
  • Demolition of the Twelve Mile Creek Train Bridge in 1947
        A view of the old iron trestle train bridge crossing Bronte Creek (aka Twelve Mile Creek) just south of the Queen Elizabeth Way in the southwest corner of Oakville, Ontario. This photo was taken in October 1947. The new Queen Elizabeth Way high-level bridge can be faintly seen in the ...
      A view of the old iron trestle train bridge crossing Bronte Creek ...
  • 49 Bronte Road, Oakville, Ontario
        The Bronte Historical Society dates the building to about 1840 and they know the house was built by the Bray family of stone dredged from Lake Ontario called Dundas shale. A link to the BHS photograph of the family at the house is provided for your further information. Stonehooking to ...
      The Bronte Historical Society dates the building to about 1840 and they ...
  • Hornby Store, after 1944
        The store at Hornby, Halton County sometime after 1940. The previous wooden store burned down in 1929. Wilmar James Thompson is second from the right. He was proprietor of the Hornby store and postmaster from about 1946 till 1963. From left to right is Rusty Robertson, Bill Robinson, Ed Robertson, ...
      The store at Hornby, Halton County sometime after 1940. The previous wooden ...
  • Bronte Volunteer Firefighters, ca1955
        Top Row, Left to Right: Roy McKay, Ivan Mcdonald, Doug McDonald, Jack Rogers, Grant Bray, Ken Lewis, Dick Scarrow. Middle Row, Left to Right: Ken Pollock, George Wright, Gord Castle, Allan Elliott, Alva Elliott, Bob Mason, Merideth McKim. Seated, Left to Right: Truman Aitchison, Percey Joyce, Chief Freeman Bray, Deputy ...
      Top Row, Left to Right: Roy McKay, Ivan Mcdonald, Doug McDonald, Jack ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
Subjects
Item Types
Years
1910s1910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
1940s1940194119421943194419451946194719481949
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit