Trafalgar Township Historical Society Digital Collections

Results

We found
19
matching items
  • Horse Pulling A Car Out Of A Muddy Road, Milton Area.
  • On The Way To Palermo United Church. (?)
  • Snow on Burnhamthorpe Rd.
        ...
      ...
  • 2005 Aerial Photograph of Oakville's Ford Plant and Intersection of the QEW, Ford Drive and Highway 403
        We are looking southwest along the Queen Elizabeth Way to downtown Oakville and Lake Ontario, where Mississauga and Oakville meet at the old village area of Sheridan, just west of Winston Churchill Boulevard in Mississauga. Our collection also contains newspaper articles about the disappearance of Sheridan and resident memories of ...
      We are looking southwest along the Queen Elizabeth Way to downtown Oakville ...
  • Upper Middle Road & Third Line
        June 1, 1983 - Ellis Davenport & his 1988 Pontiac Firebird, Southeast Corner.
      June 1, 1983 - Ellis Davenport & his 1988 Pontiac Firebird, Southeast ...
  • Wettlaufer Farm From Above
        Aerial view of Wettlaufer farmland on Burnhamthorpe Rd., looking North.
      Aerial view of Wettlaufer farmland on Burnhamthorpe Rd., looking North.
  • Back Lane at Sheridan
        Back lane on the Wilson farm in Sheridan, Trafalgar Township. The farm was south of what is now the Queen Elizabeth Way.
      Back lane on the Wilson farm in Sheridan, Trafalgar Township. The farm ...
  • Sheridan General Store, Circa 1950.
        On side of building: Sheridan. On end of building: Lawrence Paul, can't read the rest. Sign on hydro pole: Imperial Esso Gasoline
      On side of building: Sheridan. On end of building: Lawrence Paul, can't ...
  • Bill Dent's Store
        Store belonging to Bill Dent, on the north-west corner of Trafalgar Road and Dundas Street. The house next door belonged to a Mrs. Fisher. The photograph was taken in the spring of 1952. The Dents lived at Glenorchy.
      Store belonging to Bill Dent, on the north-west corner of Trafalgar Road ...
  • Bob Fairman's Garage, 1952
        This photograph was taken in the spring of 1952 when the garage and store complex was owned by Bob Fairman. It had quite a history in Trafalgar Township prior to this, most notably being opened prior to 1827 as a hotel, tavern and post office by Ephraim Post. It was ...
      This photograph was taken in the spring of 1952 when the garage ...
  • Painting: Pulling Stone for Highway 25
        William Henry Devlin pulling aggregate (stone) to build Hwy 25, now Bronte Road. At the time, he had the only matched set (note the full patch on each horse head) team in Halton County. John Weykamp was a painter, clay sculpter, wood carver and he drew all his life. In ...
      William Henry Devlin pulling aggregate (stone) to build Hwy 25, now Bronte ...
  • Young Boy On Bicycle, circa 1930’s
  • Road Grader Being Pulled By A Steam Tractor, 1913.
        Road Grader Being Pulled By A Steam Tractor, 1913.
      Road Grader Being Pulled By A Steam Tractor, 1913.
  • Will Lawrence With Road Sprayer
        Road spraying machines were used to spray the gravel roads with water in order to keep the dust to a minimum. This photo is from sometime between 1910 and 1919.
      Road spraying machines were used to spray the gravel roads with water ...
  • George Wettlaufer, Back Concession, Burnhamthorpe Road and Highway 25.
        George Wettlaufer had been born in Perth County and kept a general store at Hawksville in Waterloo County before moving to farm in Trafalgar Township on the 2nd Concession and Highway 25. (In modern times, this is Burnhamthorpe Road and Bronte Road in Oakville, Halton County, Ontario.) 5 years before ...
      George Wettlaufer had been born in Perth County and kept a general ...
  • Dundas Street and Bronte Road Intersection, 1975
        This photograph was taken for the Town of Oakville in 1975. It shows the intersection (or corners) of Dundas (Highway 5) and Old Bronte Rd (Highway 25). The photographer is just east of Bronte Road, looking west along Dundas Street. At the time, there was no "Old Bronte Road" - ...
      This photograph was taken for the Town of Oakville in 1975. It ...
  • Rosebank, Oakville
        On the back of the postcard: Post Card ; 355819 ; This space may be used for correspondence ; This space is for address only ; Rosebank, Oakville, Ont ; Ramsay & Co., Ltd., 1539 Queen St. West, Toronto, Canada. ; RT Co Printed Saxony. Handwritten by collectors on the ...
      On the back of the postcard: Post Card ; 355819 ; This ...
  • Hardy House in Sheridan, 1917
        The home of husband and wife Emily (Gilby) Hardy and George Henry Hardy on the south east corner of the Town Line (now Winston Churchill Blvd.) and what is now the Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW). This picture was taken on Victoria Day (May 24th) 1917, which is why they are ...
      The home of husband and wife Emily (Gilby) Hardy and George Henry ...
  • Newspaper Photo Of Horses Hauling Stone For Road Work
        This photo appeared in the Milton Champion, with the caption; “Hauling Rocks- to the jail, or stone for the local roads? Who can tell us what the horse-drawn teams and the large stones in this photo represent? Does anyone recognize any of the men? Photo courtesy Art Higgins” An accompanying ...
      This photo appeared in the Milton Champion, with the caption; “Hauling Rocks- ...
Search within these results
Sort
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit