3556 Lakeshore Road West, (actually 3556 Lakeshore Road East) Oakville, Ontario, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1972
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Mr. D.M. Clarke was the owner of 3556 Lakeshore Road "West" as written on the Parks Canada index card at the time of photographing. The estimated date of the house was in the 1860's.
This address was at the foot of Winston Churchill Boulevard, the Town Line dividing Peel and Halton Counties. Using "Lakeshore Road West" in this address identifies it from the City of Mississauga viewpoint as the Town of Oakville would consider this "Lakeshore Road East", in East Oakville. In Oakville, the central east/west road is Trafalgar Road, in Mississauga the east/west designation is centered on Hurontario Street.
The 1st photo and the 5th photo show the front of the house which faced east.
The 6th photo with the clothesline of washing shows the inside corner of the house at the rear or south.
Thhe last photo shows the Lake Ontario side of the house to the south.
The 3rd photo here has a note saying it is a window which replaced a door that was original to the build.
Click on "Pages" "Select" to view the photographs.
The 4th image of a door with paned sidelights was an add-on.
- In 1971-1972, Parks Canada photographed those buildings that were 100 or more years old. This Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings was a Centennial Project.
The Trafalgar Township Historical Society has worked with Parks Canada and Library and Archives Canada to find these photographs in the area of Trafalgar Township and the city of Oakville, Ontario. The collection will grow as we have time to collect and prepare the images.
The TTHS is also sending the images to the Town of Oakville Heritage Planners to increase local availability and to ensure local preservation.
Each TTHS internet record will show the back of the identifying information card first. This is to prevent any errors in reading the handwritten address held up on a clipboard for each address - we have noted that sometimes the address number is illegible or incorrect.
All TTHS records in this collection can be found in one step by clicking on the "Groups" link on the right of your screen, "Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972. Trafalgar Township & Oakville."
- Coding on the front of the card: 06177000103556 1-2. Province is 06, Negative is 0ZDD18. NPC 464(9-701)7530-21-029-3938.
Handwritten on the front of the contact sheet card: the "1" in the 0ZDD18 is "team 1" and "8" is the page.
Further notes are made under each photo and are referred to in the "Description" notes above.
On the blue card back with ownership information, the code is repeated: 06177000103556 1-2.
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4829388788713 Longitude: -79.6277094096375
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- 3556 Lakeshore Road West, (actually 3556 Lakeshore Road East) Oakville, Ontario, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1972
- Acknowledgement to the work of Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972, Trafalgar Township and Oakville, and of the Trafalgar Township Historical Society is required.
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:email@example.com
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton