2367 Ontario Street, Oakville, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1971
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Parks Canada photographed 2367 Ontario Street on December 13, 1971. Mrs. Cator was the owner. The building was estimated to have been built in 1845.
The 1988 Bowers Street Address Directory showed that William Cator was still living there in 1988. The house has been demolished.
The two enlarged photographs taken from the contact sheet for this record have been lightened to more clearly show the house construction. Click on "Pages" "Select" to view them.
- In 1971-1972, Parks Canada photographed those buildings that were 100 or more years old. This Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings was a Centennial Project.
The Trafalgar Township Historical Society has worked with Parks Canada and Library and Archives Canada to find these photographs in the area of Trafalgar Township and the city of Oakville, Ontario. The collection will grow as we have time to collect and prepare the images.
The TTHS is also sending the images to the Town of Oakville Heritage Planners to increase local availability and to ensure local preservation.
Each TTHS internet record will show the back of the identifying information card first. This is to prevent any errors in reading the handwritten address held up on a clipboard for each address - we have noted that sometimes the address number is illegible or incorrect.
At the top of each TTHS record, you will find "pages" to click on to view the various photographs.
All TTHS records in this collection can be found in one step by clicking on the "Groups" link on the right of your screen, "Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972. Trafalgar Township & Oakville."
- Coding on the front of the card: 06177003102367. Province is 06, Negative is 002y11. NPC 464(9-701)7530-21-029-3938.
A note says: Unable to take rear or door photo.
On the blue card back with ownership information, the code is repeated: 06177003102367.
- Date Of Event
- December 13, 1971
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.3956197486715 Longitude: -79.7062563517761
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- 2367 Ontario Street, Oakville, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1971
- Acknowledgement to the work of Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972, Trafalgar Township and Oakville, and of the Trafalgar Township Historical Society is required.
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton