The 1823 Trafalgar Township Assessment
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This transcript of land assessment rolls from microfilmed records shows the names of the people who owned and/or occupied land in Trafalgar Township in 1823. For each, the acres of land cultivated and/or uncultivated and Concession and Lot number is also recorded here.
1806 saw the beginning of European settlers in Trafalgar Township.
This transcript was prepared by Fred Blair with the assistance of Jane Watt for the Trafalgar Township Historical Society in 2012. The transcription was made from the assessment roll microfilm at the Oakville Public Library.
Fred has prepared transcripts of the assessment rolls for 1816 and 1825 as well. The transcripts can all be retrieved by clicking on the "Groups of Related Records" link, "Trafalgar Township Assessment Roll Transcripts".
The image in the main record is an excerpt from the first page of the assessment transcript only, to show you the type of information included. You can view and read the entire text of each document by clicking on each title.
The "ABC" document shows the listings sorted alphabetically by surname.
- For your further information, a link to the blog of Fred Blair is included in this record. It's called "War of 1812 Canadian Stories". Fred describes the content as: "Insightful short stories about life in Upper Canada during the War of 1812, how to find primary and secondary source information about the war, indices to primary document collections, and Upper Canada Militia transcripts. Copyright by Fred Blair, 2015-2016. Enquiries welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Of Event
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder
- Copyright by Fred Blair, 2015-2016.
- Copyright Holder Contact Information
- Enquiries welcome at email@example.com
- Recommended Citation
- The 1823 Trafalgar Township Assessment
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton