2346 Lower Base Line Road
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This photograph was taken in 1999. The house was the home of the Stoutt family for a good 90 years. John Stout was granted the land deed for Lot NE 1/4 8, Concession 1 NS in 1846 (Deed 5 18460401 ND). He was about 67 years of age at the time of the 1871 Census, born in Ireland, his occupation was farming. He died in Trafalgar Township in 1883 as per the notice in the Canadian Champion, 22 Mar 1883, p.3. The notice of the death of his wife, Grace (Sheridan) Stout, appeared in the Canadian Champion, November 16, 1905, p.3.
- Some family children attended the Omagh Public school. The Hornby railway stationmaster in about 1910 was a Mr. Stout and Morley Stout was involved with the Loyal Orange Lodge in Hornby about the same time.
The family surname is usually spelled "Stoutt" in legal documents but in less formal writing such as the newspaper, is likely to be "Stout", even "Stoute".
- Date Of Event
- Personal Name(s)
- John Stoutt, 1807-1883, married Grace (Sheridan), 1818-1905, daughter of John,1807-1883, and Ann (Brown) Sheridan, 1800-. Children of John and Grace Stout were William, John, Mary Ann, Thomas, Hannah who married Joseph King Dolby, and Elizabeth who married Richard Dolby. William Herbert Stout, 1852-1917, married Eliza Matilda (Kennedy) Stoutt, 1856-1948. The children of William and Eliza were: Herbert, Stanley, Campbell, Orville and Minnie Eliza. Minnie Eliza Stoutt, b.December 5, 1877, d.September 20, 1959, married Walter Ernest Henderson, b.August 3, 1878 Trafalgar, d.October 13, 1956, Hamilton. They are buried at Evergreen Cemetery, Milton. Their daughter was Wilma Maxine (Henderson) Wilson, b.December 29, 1913 d.January 9, 1982.
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.55011 Longitude: -79.79963
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- 2346 Lower Base Line Road
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton