Emily Cline Farmhouse Plaque
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This plaque is in Emily Cline Parkette, the first village square in the Woodland Trails subdivision of North Oakville. It was completed in the fall of 2012 and the plaque was dedicated in January 2013. The parkette and Emily Cline Lane are just north of Dundas Street, just east of Neyagawa Blvd., in Oakville, Ontario.
- The second photograph in this record is of the parkette. See "Pages Select".
The Trafalgar Township Historical Society has a very large print chart (with map features) showing the geneology of the Cline family which can be consulted. It was prepared in 1973 by Malcolm Cameron Cline.
The family surname in Trafalgar Township was "Cline" but researchers should also check "Kleyn", "Klein", "Klin", "Cleyne" and other variations.
- The Emily Cline Farmhouse
In recognition of the farmhouse which once stood facing Dundas Street on this property at Lot 20 Concession 1 NDS, approximately 350 metres to the southwest of this village square. The farmhouse was a mid-19th century vernacular frame house built in a saltbox form with Georgian influences. It was demolished in 2010.
The property was owned for many decades by Emily Cline (nee Williams) who inherited the property from Charles Pettit Biggar, the father of her first husband, Charles Henry Biggar. Emily continued to live on the property with her second and third husbands, James Freeman and Hiram Cline. Emily is buried in Munn's Cemetery along with her three husbands and several of their children.
- Place of Publication
- Oakville, Ontario
- Date of Publication
- Personal Name(s)
- Emily (Williams) Cline, b. November 16, 1832 in Vermont, USA, married Charles Henry Biggar in St. Judes Church, Oakville on March 13, 1844, married James Lafferty Freeman on November 29, 1860, married Hiram Cline on December 8, 1868. She died on July 12, 1909. Charles Henry Biggar, b. February 8, 1823, d. October 31, 1858. James Lafferty Freeman, b. circa 1822 in Trafalgar. Hiram Cline, b. May 16, 1810 in Trafalgar, d. January 18, 1888.
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Association
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.48341 Longitude: -79.71632
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Emily Cline Farmhouse Plaque
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton