Wedding of Gertrude Hardy and Howard McGregor
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The wedding photograph of Gertrude Hardy and Howard McGregor, Sheridan, Trafalgar Township. They married on June 24, 1908. They both worked for the T. Eaton Company in Toronto. Howard became Manager of the Women's Mail Order Shoes for Western Canada for Eaton's in Winnipeg.
- A personal note about Howard is that he made many buying trips overseas but refused to fly, always taking the train to Montreal and a ship to England.
A personal note about "Gertie" is that she flew south every winter to St. Petersburg, Fl until she broke her hip at age 93.
Getrude and Howard had four sons, Bruce, Ralph, Gordon and Earl. All were in uniform for World War II.
Many of the family descendants still live in Winnipeg.
- Date of Publication
- Personal Name(s)
- Gertrude Emma Hardy, b.1885 d.1983 Howard Bruce McGregor of Owen Sound, Ontario, d. early 1960's
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.48341 Longitude: -79.71632
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wedding of Gertrude Hardy and Howard McGregor, 1908
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:email@example.com
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton