265-267 Lakeshore Road East, Oakville, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1972
- Media Type
- Item Type
- At the time of photographing, Parks Canada recorded that the tenants were Oakville Paint & Wallpaper and Langley's Cleaning Co. Langley's Cleaning was recorded as the building owner, and the owner address was 2nd Street and Lakeshore West in Toronto.
The building is on the Town of Oakville Register of Properties of Cultural Heritage Value or Interest but Not Designated. It was originally the garage of the White Oak Hotel.
More information on the interesting history of this address can be found in the Oakville Historical Society link under the blue index card photo in this record. (One note to correct the location in this link, the store is on the north side of Lakeshore Road (formerly Colborne Street) just west of Trafalgar Road in downtown Oakville, Ontario.)
- In December 1971, January 1972, Parks Canada photographed those buildings that were 100 or more years old. This Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings was a Centennial Project.
The Trafalgar Township Historical Society has worked with Parks Canada and Library and Archives Canada to find these photographs in the area of Trafalgar Township and the city of Oakville, Ontario. The collection will grow as we have time to collect and prepare the images.
The TTHS is also sending the images to the Town of Oakville Heritage Planners to increase local availability and to ensure local preservation.
Each TTHS internet record will show the back of the identifying information card first. This is to prevent any errors in reading the handwritten address held up on a clipboard for each address - we have noted that sometimes the address number is illegible or incorrect.
At the top of each TTHS record, you will find "pages" to click on to view the various photographs.
All TTHS records in this collection can be found in one step by clicking on the "Groups" link on the right of your screen, "Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972. Trafalgar Township & Oakville."
- Coding on the front of the card: 06177000200265. Code on the back of the index card: 060ZDD28. The CIHB code is 00390. The Parks Canada "year of construction" stamp has 1840-0000 written in.
- Date Of Event
- August 12, 1972
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4472436351282 Longitude: -79.6668482035828
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- 265-267 Lakeshore Road East, Oakville, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1972
- Acknowledgement to the work of Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972, Trafalgar Township and Oakville, and of the Trafalgar Township Historical Society is required.
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton