364 Winston Churchill Blvd., Mississauga, Ontario, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1972
- Media Type
- Item Type
- When photographed for the 1972 Parks Canada project, the owner was Philip MacClelland. It was estimated that the farmhouse had been built in 1865.
The farmhouse sits just west of the cement plant, Hydro, wastewater treatment plant and the Petro Canada plant where the Town of Oakville meets the City of Mississauga on the shore of Lake Ontario. Winston Churchill Boulevard is the town line between the two, and south of Royal Windsor Drive, retains some memories of its farm heritage.
It looks like a wood frame, board and batten construction in these photographs.
- In December 1971, January 1972, Parks Canada photographed those buildings that were 100 or more years old. This Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings was a Centennial Project.
The Trafalgar Township Historical Society has worked with Parks Canada and Library and Archives Canada to find these photographs in the area of Trafalgar Township and the city of Oakville, Ontario. The collection will grow as we have time to collect and prepare the images.
The TTHS is also sending the images to the Town of Oakville Heritage Planners to increase local availability and to ensure local preservation.
Each TTHS internet record will show the back of the identifying information card first. This is to prevent any errors in reading the handwritten address held up on a clipboard for each address - we have noted that sometimes the address number is illegible or incorrect.
At the top of each TTHS record, you will find "pages" to click on to view the various photographs.
All TTHS records in this collection can be found in one step by clicking on the "Groups" link on the right of your screen, "Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972. Trafalgar Township & Oakville."
- Coding on the front of the card: 0617700540064.
Codes on the back of the index card: 0600ZY27. The CIHB code is 00390.
- Date Of Event
- January 5, 1972
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4844957831063 Longitude: -79.6278810710145
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- 364 Winston Churchill Blvd., Oakville, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1972
- Acknowledgement to the work of Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972, Trafalgar Township and Oakville, and of the Trafalgar Township Historical Society is required.
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton