1066 Upper Middle Road, Oakville, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1972
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A link to 3 photos taken for the Town of Oakville in 1977 is provided in this record.
Click on "Pages Select" under the record title to view the 3 photographs of 1066 Upper Middle Road West taken by Parks Canada in 1972.
This farmhouse was located on the south side of Upper Middle Road, east of Third Line, east of McCraney's Creek - by Bloomfield Drive/Bishop's Gate in 2017 terms, which would be Conc. 2 SDS.
When photographed by Parks Canada, the owner is noted as "Allen". The farmhouse was estimated to have been built in 1865.
- In December 1971, January 1972, Parks Canada photographed those buildings that were 100 or more years old. This Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings was a Centennial Project.
The Trafalgar Township Historical Society has worked with Parks Canada and Library and Archives Canada to find these photographs in the area of Trafalgar Township and the city of Oakville, Ontario. The collection will grow as we have time to collect and prepare the images.
The TTHS is also sending the images to the Town of Oakville Heritage Planners to increase local availability and to ensure local preservation.
Each TTHS internet record will show the back of the identifying information card first. This is to prevent any errors in reading the handwritten address held up on a clipboard for each address - we have noted that sometimes the address number is illegible or incorrect.
At the top of each TTHS record, you will find "pages" to click on to view the various photographs.
All TTHS records in this collection can be found in one step by clicking on the "Groups" link on the right of your screen, "Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972. Trafalgar Township & Oakville."
- Coding on the front of the card: 06177004801066.
On the card verso: the province is 06 and the negative code is 0zy26.
- Date Of Event
- January 5, 1972
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- 1066 Upper Middle Road, Oakville, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1972
- Acknowledgement to the work of Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972, Trafalgar Township and Oakville, and of the Trafalgar Township Historical Society is required.
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:email@example.com
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton