1073 Third Line, Oakville, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1972
- Media Type
- Item Type
- In 2021, the 1073 Third Line farmhouse and residential property no longer exists. The 1988 Bowers Street Directory names C. Lundquist as living there. It was on the east side of Third Line, maybe around Wycroft Road.
The Parks Canada people did not record the name of the residents or owners while photographing in January 1972.
To view the 5 photographs of the house and an outbuilding in this record, click on "Pages Select". In the photo of the outbuilding, to the right you can see the pump handle of the well.
It's a beautiful stone farmhouse with wooden architectual details. It looks like it was a prosperous farm with all the additions to the house.
- In December 1971, January 1972, Parks Canada photographed those buildings that were 100 or more years old. This Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings was a Centennial Project.
The Trafalgar Township Historical Society has worked with Parks Canada and Library and Archives Canada to find these photographs in the area of Trafalgar Township and the city of Oakville, Ontario. The collection will grow as we have time to collect and prepare the images.
The TTHS is also sending the images to the Town of Oakville Heritage Planners to increase local availability and to ensure local preservation.
Each TTHS internet record will show the back of the identifying information card first. This is to prevent any errors in reading the handwritten address held up on a clipboard for each address - we have noted that sometimes the address number is illegible or incorrect.
At the top of each TTHS record, you will find "pages" to click on to view the various photographs.
All TTHS records in this collection can be found in one step by clicking on the "Groups" link on the right of your screen, "Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972. Trafalgar Township & Oakville."
- Coding on the front of the card: 06177004501073.
On the card verso: the province is 06 and the negative code is 06zy25
- Date Of Event
- January 4, 1972
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4215337492457 Longitude: -79.7204923838807
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- 1073 Third Line, Oakville, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1972
- Acknowledgement to the work of Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972, Trafalgar Township and Oakville, and of the Trafalgar Township Historical Society is required.
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton