1125 Sixth Line, Oakville, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1972
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Click on "Select View" to see the front of the blue Parks Canada card showing the photographs taken, and then on the 6 individual photos put into this record.
This is a large house with extensive renovations but the original front door and external detailing around the eaves as well as the out buildings are visible.
The photographer noted that this was "Ferrie House", presumably because the Ferrie family owned and lived there. It was estimated that the house was built in 1865.
- In December 1971, January 1972, Parks Canada photographed those buildings that were 100 or more years old. This Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings was a Centennial Project.
The Trafalgar Township Historical Society has worked with Parks Canada and Library and Archives Canada to find these photographs in the area of Trafalgar Township and the city of Oakville, Ontario. The collection will grow as we have time to collect and prepare the images.
The TTHS is also sending the images to the Town of Oakville Heritage Planners to increase local availability and to ensure local preservation.
Each TTHS internet record will show the back of the identifying information card first. This is to prevent any errors in reading the handwritten address held up on a clipboard for each address - we have noted that sometimes the address number is illegible or incorrect.
At the top of each TTHS record, you will find "pages" to click on to view the various photographs.
All TTHS records in this collection can be found in one step by clicking on the "Groups" link on the right of your screen, "Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972. Trafalgar Township & Oakville."
- Coding on the front of the card: 06177004101125.
On the card verso: the province is 06 and the negative code is 00zy26
- Date Of Event
- January 5, 1972
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4562628788325 Longitude: -79.6968031138611
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- 1125 Sixth Line, Oakville, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1972
- Acknowledgement to the work of Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972, Trafalgar Township and Oakville, and of the Trafalgar Township Historical Society is required.
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:email@example.com
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton