1456 Upper Middle Road, Oakville, Ontario. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1971
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This farmhouse was on Upper Middle Road West, sitting where McCraney's Creek intersects with Upper Middle Road, just east of Third Line. Concession 2, SDS.
Another photograph of the house taken by the Town of Oakville is linked below the blue card image, for your information.
The Parks Canada blue index card shows that at the time of filming, the tenant living on the property was Mr. Bekkus. "Homesmith" may be the name of the property owner but this word is written in as the "Address of Owner", not "Owner". The building was estimated to have been built about 1875.
- In 1971-1972, Parks Canada photographed those buildings that were 100 or more years old. This Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings was a Centennial Project.
The Trafalgar Township Historical Society has worked with Parks Canada and Library and Archives Canada to find these photographs in the area of Trafalgar Township and the city of Oakville, Ontario. The collection will grow as we have time to collect and prepare the images.
The TTHS has sent the images to the Town of Oakville Heritage Planners to increase local availability and to ensure local preservation.
Each TTHS internet record will show the back of the identifying information card first. This is to prevent any errors in reading the handwritten address held up on a clipboard for each address - we have noted that sometimes the address number is illegible or incorrect.
All TTHS records in this collection can be found in one step by clicking on the "Groups" link on the right of your screen, "Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972. Trafalgar Township & Oakville."
- Coding on the front of the card: 06177004801456 Province is 06, Negative is 00ZY Team 2 Roll (of film) 6. NPC 464(9-701)7530-21-029-3938.
On the blue card back with ownership information, the code is repeated: 06177004801456.
- Date Of Event
- January 4, 1971
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.439547396678 Longitude: -79.7416067332459
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- 1456 Upper Middle Road, Oakville, Ontario. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1971
- Acknowledgement to the work of Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972, Trafalgar Township and Oakville, and of the Trafalgar Township Historical Society is required.
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:email@example.com
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton