1105 (1107) Sixth Line, Oakville, Ontario. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1971
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This record clearly shows that Parks Canada put the address "1107 Sixth Line") on this index card and in their record metadata. However, it is actually 1105 Sixth Line. The mansard roof was, and is still today, on 1105 Sixth Line only. No immediate neighbouring house has a similar roof. Check the street view using Google Maps for 1105 Sixth Line. (There is no hit for 1107 Sixth Line.)
Click on "Select Pages" above to view the 4 house photographs in this record. Image No. 2 is the front of the Parks Canada cataloguing index card showing all the pictures taken.
Because the property has been up for sale, the internet has a few real estate "tours" of the house interior and the property at this time, if you wish to view more current photographs.
- In December 1971, January 1972, Parks Canada photographed those buildings that were 100 or more years old. This Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings was a Centennial Project.
The Trafalgar Township Historical Society has worked with Parks Canada and Library and Archives Canada to find the photographs taken in the Trafalgar Township and Town of Oakville areas. The collection will grow as we have time to collect and prepare the images.
The TTHS is also sending the images to the Town of Oakville Heritage Planners to increase local availability and to ensure local preservation.
Each TTHS internet record will show the back of the identifying information card first. This is to prevent any errors in reading the handwritten address held up on a clipboard for each address - we have noted that sometimes the address number is illegible or incorrect.
At the top of each TTHS record, you will find "pages" to click on to view the various photographs. If not all from the index card contact sheet are included, you can use the "Comment" tab in this record to request another.
All TTHS records in this collection can be found in one step by clicking on the "Groups" link on the right of your screen, "Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972. Trafalgar Township & Oakville."
- Front of index card: 06177004101107 Province:06 Neg:00ZY20
NPC 464 (9-70) 7530-21-029-39838
Back of index card: 1107 Sixth Line
Present Owner: Mr. R.O.G. Bennett, address 1107 Sixth Line.
Tenant: Mrs. J.T. Wilson.
Estimated date built: 1880.
Date of survey: Wed Dec 29 /71
Sketch: Second Empire.
Handprinted on card: 061770002014754101107
- Date Of Event
- December 29, 1971
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4557177123139 Longitude: -79.6961164683533
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- 1105 (1107) Sixth Line, Oakville, Ontario. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1971
- Acknowledgement to the work of Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972, Trafalgar Township and Oakville, and of the Trafalgar Township Historical Society is required.
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:email@example.com
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton