Percy W. Merry Public School, 1965-1966 Grade 6 and Grade 7
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The combined Grade 6, Grade 7 class of Mr. Ian Foster, 1965-1976.
Percy W. Merry, or "P.W. Merry" as it was sometimes called, accommodated children from kindergarten to Grade Eight. In 1950's to early 1960's, a number of one-room schools in Halton County were closed. Children in the north-east of the Township were bussed to Percy W. Merry Public School at 263 Britannia Rd. E., just west of Trafalgar Road, Drumquin, Trafalgar Township. A cairn commemorates the rural school sections that were closed and in 2003, Percy W. Merry School itself was added to the cairn.
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.53341 Longitude: -79.78293
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Percy W. Merry Public School, 1965-1966 Grade 6 and Grade 7
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton