P.W. Merry Public School, 1962-1963 Grade 4
- Media Type
- The 1962-63 Grade 4 class of Miss L. Black, Percy W. Merry Public School, Trafalgar Township, now Oakville, Ontario.
Percy W. Merry, or "P.W. Merry" as it was sometimes called, accommodated children from kindergarten to Grade Eight. In 1950's to early 1960's, a number of one-room schools in Halton County were closed. Children in the north-east of the Township were bussed to Percy W. Merry Public School at 263 Britannia Rd. E., just west of Trafalgar Road, Drumquin, Trafalgar Township. A cairn commemorates the rural school sections that were closed and in 2003, Percy W. Merry School itself was added to the cairn.
Percy W. Merry was a Trafalgar school trustee.
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.5342189185288 Longitude: -79.7831874920654
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Percy W. Merry Public School, 1962-1963 Grade 4
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:email@example.com
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton