Gary Askin at Glenorchy Bridge
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The Askin family were early settlers in the area of Glenorchy, Agerton and Lisgar in Trafalgar Township. The children attended S.S. #14, Glenorchy School and the family lived on Lot 21, Con.2 NDS, or at Fourth Line near Lower Base Line, near the east branch of the Sixteen Mile Creek.
You can see the trestle bridge over the creek in the background. The public school, S.S. #14, was also at this site.
- Personal Name(s)
- Eli Askin, d.November 29, 1914. Wife: Charlotte Marie (Warren) Askin, d.April 1910. Son: Frank Askin, d.1932, buried in the Sixteen cemetery. Grandson: Charles Askin, d.November 27, 1996. Wife Muriel (Michie) Askin. Grandchildren: Douglas and Lawrence. Sister Carol, Charlie's brothers were Gary, Edward called Ted, John, Jerry and Carl. Greatgrandchildren: Douglas and Lawrence Askin.
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.48341 Longitude: -79.76633
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Gary Askin at Glenorchy Bridge
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton