Albert Anson Biggar
- W. Farmer, Photographer
- Media Type
- This is, perhaps, a formal portrait taken to commemorate Albert's engagement to Henrietta Munn. Hettie and Albert married on January 17, 1883 in the Methodist Church at Munn's Corners, Trafalgar Township, Halton County. The back of the photograph shows in the 2nd image in this record.
Albert's parents, Michael and Belinda (Cronkrite) Bigger farmed north of Munn's Corners on the east side of the Sixth Line, going north from Burnhamthorpe.
Albert and Hettie took over the ownership and management of the 6th Line Bigger family farm, Glenclare. It was an integrated farm with crops and animals. They were active in area agricultural societies and social groups; Hetty in the Halton District Women's Institute and as pianist at Munn's Church, Albert a district Reeve as had been his father.
- The spelling of Hettie's middle name is sometimes "Almira", sometimes "Elmira". The Biggar family surname is also sometimes spelled "Bigger" in records and on their gravestones.
- W. Farmer, Cor. King & McNab Sts. #35 Hamilton.
W. Farmer's Artist Studio, Cor. King & McNab Sts. #35 Hamilton.
- Personal Name(s)
- Michael Lafey Bigger, d.December 10, 1921. Belinda (Cronkrite) Bigger, d.December 31, 1898. Their son, James William Bigger, d.December 10, 1921. Their son, Albert Anson Bigger, b.November 13, 1856, d.June 24, 1938. Henrietta (called Hettie) Almira (Munn) Bigger, b.October 26, 1860, d. November 26, 1962. Hettie's parents were King Henry Munn and Ann Catherine Snider. Children of Hettie and Albert were: Clara A. Bigger, b.February 13, 1884, d.1978. William James, b.July 26, 1886. Wilbert Henry, b.May 6, 1887. Married Mary Ethel Conover, b.1888 d.1949. Wilbert and Mary Ethel's children were Harold C., 1917-2004, Clare O. Bigger, 1937-1945, Lois, 1919-1997, Russell and (twins) Martha and Kathryn.
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.47955 Longitude: -79.72902
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Albert Anson Biggar, 1836-1938
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:email@example.com
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton