Munn's School, S.S. #3A, 1950's
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Daniel Munn gave the land on which the first school in the Trafalgar Township was built in 1809. This substantial log structure served until 1852 as both school and church. In 1852 a new brick school with a cottage roof with a bell was built on the site of the present Munn's church at the intersection of Sixth Line and Dundas Street, Oakville. This school was active through to the end of 1955 when a more modern 8 room school building started construction.
This group is standing at the front doors of the 1852-1955 school building.
On the back of the photo is written, "Marian Fox music teacher".
- The banner reads: Munn's School S.S. No. 3A Trafalgar
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.47955 Longitude: -79.72902
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Munn's School, S.S. 3A, 1950's
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton