Glenclare Farm Truck
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Michael L. Bigger is listed on the 1859 Tremaine Map of Halton County as owning the property, Lot 15, Concession 2 NDS Trafalgar Township, running north from Burnhamthorpe Road on the east side of 6th Line.
As well as establishing and growing the Glenclare Farm, he Michael was a farm equipment dealer as well as serving as Deputy Reeve - Oakville on the Halton County Council in 1890-1891.
Through the generations, the active, social family were community leaders; the men working as township Reeves, all involved in the dairy and farming associations, as well as the women being church musicians and active in the community and church women's associations, as well as running their mixed farm operation.
This photograph was taken during the time of Wilbert Biggar, the third generation on this prosperous farm near Munn's Corners.
- Truck Door: W.H. Biggar.
Truck Side Panel: Glenclare Farm Oakville.
- Personal Name(s)
- Michael Lafey Bigger, b.January 27, 1825 d.December 10, 1921, married Belinda (Cronkrite) Bigger, b.1834 d.December 31, 1898. Their children were James William Bigger, d.December 10, 1921 and Albert Anson Bigger, b.November 13, 1856, d.June 24, 1938. Albert married Henrietta (called Hettie) Almira (Munn) Bigger, b.October 26, 1860, d. November 26, 1962. Children of Hettie and Albert were: Clara A. Bigger, b.February 13, 1884, d.1978 ; William James, b.July 26, 1886 ; Wilbert Henry, b.May 6, 1887. Wilbert married Mary Ethel Conover, b.1888 d.1949. Wilbert and Mary Ethel's children were Harold C., 1917-2004, Clare O. Bigger, 1937-1945, Lois, 1919-1997, Russell and (twins) Martha and Kathryn.
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.47955 Longitude: -79.72902
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Glenclare Farm Truck
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton