Thought to Be Eva Biggar and Luena Conover
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A photograph from the Biggar family album, thought to be cousin Eva Biggar and Luena Conover, sister of Ethel (Conover) Biggar who married Wilbert Biggar in 1917.
Their father was Russell Conover and the family lived "on the Dundas Highway" at 1499 Dundas Street East on part of Lot 6 Concession 1 NDS.
Eva is on our left with the bear skin, Luena on the right holding the muff.
- Personal Name(s)
- Lottie Luena Conover was born September 4,1894 in Trafalgar Township. She is buried with her parents in the Erindale Cosmopolitan Cemetery at St. Peter's Anglican church, northeast corner of Mississaga Road and Dundas, Erindale, Mississauga. Her father was: William Russell (called Russell) Conover b. December 15, 1851 in Trafalgar Township. He died in 1940 as per his gravestone in the Erindale Cosmopolitan Cemetery in Mississauga. Her parents married on January 13, 1886 in Trafalgar Township. Her mother was Charlotte McGowan, b.August 1, 1859 in Trafalgar Township, d. January 15, 1927 in Trafalgar. Their son was Charles Wilmer Conover, b. February 13, 1891. Luena's older sister Mary Ethel Conover was born on February 16, 1888 in Trafalgar Township, Oakville, Ontario. She died on April 3, 1949 and was buried on 6 Apr 1949 in St. Judes Cemetery, Oakville. She married Wilbert Henry Biggar on February 26, 1916 in her parents home on Dundas Street, Trafalgar, Ontario. Mary Eva Biggar was the daughter of John Biggar b. July 2, 1837 in Omagh. Her grandparents were Andrew Pettit Biggar, born 1813 in Grimsby, Ontario, died October 28, 1857 in Zorra Township, Oxford County. Andrew married Jessie Thompson about 1835 in Ontario, Canada. Jessie was born about 1821 in Edinburgh, Scotland. She died on January 25, 1892 in Trafalgar. John Biggar married Mary Pettit on September 21, 1875 in Christs Church, Omagh, Trafalgar Township. He died on January 19, 1926 in Oakville, Halton Co., ON. John and Mary are buried in St. Jude's Cemetery, Oakville. Mary Pettit was born on October 11, 1846 in Trafalgar Township. She died on December 27, 1938 in Oakville. As well as Mary Eva, their children were: Andrew Francis Biggar was born on October 7, 1876. He died in September 1970 in Versialles, Cattaraugus County, New York USA. Ernest Pettit Biggar born March 11, 1878 in Trafalgar. He died in July 1974 in New York, New York USA.
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.48341 Longitude: -79.71632
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Thought to Be Eva and Luena Conover
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:email@example.com
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton