Maud, Ida and Erma Norton, Teachers
- Media Type
- A group photograph of the three daughters of Theophilus and Ann Norton of Glen Williams, Ontario. Individual photographs of Maud, Erma and Ida can be seen by by opening the pull-down menu under "pages" in this record.
All three girls trained and worked as schoolteachers. Maud taught at S.S. #2, Palermo, in about 1905-6. Erma also taught at S.S. #2, Palermo according to her obituary. Their father was schoolmaster in Glen Williams for many years.
- A link to the Glen Williams Heritage District Conservation record of their house on the "Building Stories" website is also here in this record.
- Personal Name(s)
- Theophilus (Theophlas or Theopholes in Census records) Norton, b. December 6, 1845 in Peel County, Ontario. d. January 7, 1907. Anne (on her grave headstone, Ann is "Anne") Jane (Johnston), b. 1846 d. December 9, 1938. Elizabeth Ida Norton, born either August 15, 1878 or 1877, d. March 9, 1962. Margaret Maud Norton, b. February or March 28, 1880. d. May 4, 1925. Mable Erma (Norton) Williams, b. June 6, 1881 in Glen Williams. d. December 9, 1947 in Red Deer, Alberta
- Local identifier
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.66681 Longitude: -79.91634
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Maud, Ida and Erma Norton, Teachers
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton