Inside Bronte School, 1927
- J.B. Hastings, 638 Church St., Kingsdale 1659 Toronto Ont., Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A photograph of students and their teacher in their classroom at Bronte School, taken in 1927 (the date is on the blackboard). The 2nd image in this record shows the back of this photograph on which is handwritten the names of the teacher and students.
Standing: Charley Vernon, Harold Lorus, Billy Wilkinson, Bremner Sargant, Victor Huiton, Frank Bunce, Frank Cowley, Randal Gilliam, Lloyd Joyce, Lloyd Carpenter, Brock Flumerfelt, Charley Ribble, Billy Gilbert.
Sitting: 1. Grace MacDonald, Evelyn Cowley, Georgina Snowball, Murray Hall, Wilma Johnstone, Betty Redshaw, Orley Bracci.
2. Norma Bray, Myrtle MacDonald, Betty Thurston, Irene Wilkinson, Kathleen Gilbeert, Ruth Peckard, Ruth Snowball, Margaret Storey, Lorne Bray Lena Hall.
- Bronte School, S.S. #13 was two stories built of stone in 1872 on the north side of Chisholm St. (now Marine Dr.) at Jones Street in Bronte. This building was demolished in 1923 and a new school, Centriller Public School, was built.
- Date Of Event
- February 10, 1927
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.40011 Longitude: -79.71632
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Inside Bronte School, 1927
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:email@example.com
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton