McFadden House, Tremaine Road, 2012
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The McFadden house was built in 1912 in Trafalgar Township. It bears a Milton official heritage designation as the property is now part of Milton. The property is presently owned by the Forte family. These photographs were taken in 2012.
To see all four photographs, click on Pages "Select" to pull down the image list and select.
Early property history: Alice and William (Will) McFadden married in 1925 and had the farm. Eventually, their son Stuart married Freda Howard and they moved into the farm house, while Will and Alice moved into the smaller house at the end of the lane. They sold the farm around 1981. Alice died in 2002 at the age of 97, Will died in about 1981. This information has been provided by Stuart and Freda's daughter in October 2013.
- A second house on the property is the Hunter House, built in 1830-1835, is in ruins but scheduled to be restored in 2013. A link to photographs of the Hunter House is provided in this record.
- Date Of Event
- Personal Name(s)
- McFadden ; Hunter ; Forte. William McFadden (Will), married Alice on August 26, 1925, d.ca1981 ; Alice Luella (Henry) Mcfadden, d.April 23, 2002. Stuart McFadden ; Freda (Howard) McFadden.
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.51681 Longitude: -79.88294
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- McFadden House, Tremaine Road, 2012
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton