Palermo School, 1942-43 Construction
- Media Type
- Item Type
- There are 7 photos included in this record. View the others by selecting `Page` at the top of this record. The record is also linked to a photograph of the finished school.
The building contractor was D.A. Wendover & Sons Construction. Dave Wendover took the photographs.
The photo shown here on the main page of this record was taken in 1942 and shows the walls, bricks and beams they were trying to reuse in the new building. The old 1875 school had a centre hall with a classroom on either side.
The photo named "Wendover 7" shows the facade, some of the interior, the bell tower and the date stone with "S.S. No.2 AD 1875". This date stone was incorporated into the new building. This photo was taken in the summer of 1942.
The photo named "Wendover 6" shows the basement with the building starting to rise. The man is thought to be Mr. Ware. Taken in 1942.
The photo named "Wendover 5" was taken in 1942 and shows a man thought to be Mike Culingham.
The photo named "Wendover 4" was taken in the summer of 1942 and again shows Mike Culingham.
The photo named "Wendover 2" shows Dave Wendover operating a CAT model "3" pulling a breaking plow to loosen the clay soil to prepare for digging the basement.
The photo named "Wendover 1" again shows Dave Wendover operating a CAT model "3" pulling a breaking plow to loosen the clay soil to prepare for digging the basement.
- All photographs were taken by David Wendover. A link to the website of Wendover Construction Inc. is included in this record for your further information on this historic area company.
A photo of the old school in use from 1875-1942 is also linked to this record for your further information.
The Palermo school was S.S. #2.
- Personal Name(s)
- David Wendover. Michael Cullingham. Mr. Ware.
- Corporate Name(s)
- D.A. Wendover & Sons Construction. Palermo School S.S. No. 2
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.43341 Longitude: -79.78293
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Palermo School, 1942-43 Construction
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:email@example.com
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton