Ernie and Ettie Hopper
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Cyril "Ernest" Hopper, was born September 26, 1893 in Flesherton, Ontario, d. October 28, 1977, buried in Knox Church Sixteen, Oakville. His parents were William Cottell Hopper and Ellen (Shute) Hopper.
Ernie was a carpenter by trade. During World War I, he served in the 147th Grey Owen Sound Battalion, Regiment 838524, assigned to the Canadian Machine Gun Corps.
He owned the farm at 3025 Sixth Line, just north of Dundas, Munn's Corners.
The children of Ernie and Ettie Hopper are George "Keith" Hopper, b. December 4, 1924 d. May 23, 1998. Keith is buried at St. Paul's Church, Lorne Park, Mississauga, Ontario. He was a professional engineer.
Carol Mary Hopper, b. May 14, 1927. Carol was a bookkeeper by profession, and married Robert "Colin" Anderson on September 2, 1950. Colin was born on June 18, 1926 in Milton, Ontario.
Donna Mae Hopper, b. September 22, 1929. Donna and Carol, although born in Toronto, grew up on the farm in Trafalgar Township. Both young women worked for Hays Farms Ltd. in Oakville, Donna as a secretary. She married Donald Morrison McAlipine on October 24, 1953.
Ernest "Dean" Hopper, b. September 22, 1929. Dean, also born in Toronto, was a schoolteacher as well as working for the Ontario Ministry of Transport. He also was a trained tenor soloist. He married Dorothy Alice Boyter on January 24, 1959.
- Carol is about 8 or 9 months old in this photograph so it was taken just before the year end of 1927 or early 1928.
- Portrait by |Barret Studio Toronto.
- Personal Name(s)
- Cyril "Ernest" Hopper, b. September 26, 1893 in Flesherton, Ontario, d. October 28, 1977. Harriet "Ettie" May King, b.July 7, 1896, d.April 14, 1984.
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.47955 Longitude: -79.72902
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Ernie and Ettie Hopper, ca1928
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:email@example.com
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton