Gone Is The Heyday Of Logging, Huron Shores, Circa 1950
- The Sault Star, Circa 1950
- Edith Cameron, Author
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This newspaper article was part of a series written by Edith Cameron regarding the lost days of the logging industry in the Iron Bridge area.
The article discusses the logging camp at the southeast end of Bright Lake and how the logs traveled on a narrow gauge rail line built by the Thessalon Lumber Co.
It includes memories of some of the seniors in the area who had direct involvement with these lost days.
- The photo shows one of the original log trains and several logger and the train crew on board.
- Date of Original
- Circa 1950
- Local identifier
- local history
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 46.51677 Longitude: -84.33325
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Reproduction Notes
- Mary Allen
- Huron Shores MuseumEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
1 James St. P.O. Box 460
Iron Bridge, ON P0R 1H0