Upper and Lower Schools, Thessalon, circa 1901
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This is a black and white photo taken from the east side of Main Street overlooking part of Main Street and River Street beyond that. It shows various important town buildings such as schools and churches.
- Notes attached to the photo read
"Taken about 1901:
First house (see 3 peaks)was J. B. Dobie home, later McGee's-burned later. Across the river was the Bennett home, later the Red Cross Hospital. Frank R. Bridges, then Davies, it burned in 1991.
The square building was the High School or Upper School and the building next door with the bell tower was the Grade School.
The Church is the Methodist Church, later held many events here but today is the Public Library, 1989."
- Date of Original
- Circa 1901
- Local History
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 46.25006 Longitude: -83.5666
- Creative Commons licence
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Thessalon Union Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
187 Main St. Box 549
Thessalon, ON P0R 1L0