St. Ambrose Roman Catholic Church, Thessalon, Ontario, circa 1950
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This is a black and white photo of St. Ambrose Roman Catholic Church. It is a large brick building built on the west side of the river. The church has arched windows and bell tower construction.
To the right of the church a two story home is visible. There is a car parked on the street in front of the church.
- This is the fourth incarnation of the Catholic Church in the history of Thessalon. The first Church built was a log cabin built on the same lot. Three other buildings followed, two due to need for more space and one destroyed by fire.
The Church was originally named St. Francis Xavier and there have been 17 resident priests over the years.
- Date of Original
- circa 1950
- Local History
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 46.25006 Longitude: -83.5666
- Creative Commons licence
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Thessalon Union Public LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
187 Main St. Box 549
Thessalon, ON P0R 1L0