Swinging Bridge, Thessalon, circa 1925
- Mystery Question
- Who are the people on the bridge?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This is a black and white photo of the swinging bridge over the Thessalon River. There is a man and two women posing on the bridge. The water under the bridge is full of logs. Two residences can be seen on the west side of the river.
- A note at the bottom of the photo reads: "Swinging Bridge, Originally built to allow men from west side of river to get to work at the Saginaw Lumber Co. (approximately where Birchland Veneer is in 1991). This bridge was taken out by ice flow in 1938."
- Date of Original
- Circa 1925
- Local history
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 46.25006 Longitude: -83.5666
- Creative Commons licence
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Thessalon Union Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
187 Main St. Box 549
Thessalon, ON P0R 1L0