St. Francis Xavier Church, Thessalon, circa 1900
- Mystery Question
- Was the house to the left of the church the rectory for St. Francis Xavier?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This is a colourized photo showing three ladies in long dresses and hats standing on the riverbank of the Thessalon River.
In the background is the second St. Francis Xavier Church. The church is a small white building with a bell tower. To the left is a two-story white home with a covered front porch. A long wooden fence is in front of the house and extends toward the church.
- At the bottom of the photo: "St. Francis Xavier Roman Catholic Church opened December 17, 1893. It was replaced and moved to Nestorville after the new church was built 1909. It was moved during the winter and pulled by horses to its new location in Nestorville."
- Date of Original
- circa 1900
- Local History
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 46.25006 Longitude: -83.5666
- Creative Commons licence
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Thessalon Union Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
187 Main St. Box 549
Thessalon, ON P0R 1L0