The Church of The Redeemer, Thessalon, 1912
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This is a black and white aerial photo showing the completed Anglican Church of the Redeemer on Main Street facing west. Various homes, can be seen in this photograph, and the church in the foreground on the left was the Methodist Church.
- Land for the first Anglican Church was purchased on October 16, 1890 on the north side of Algoma St. E. and a small church was built shortly thereafter.
A new property was purchased in January 1912 on Main Street East, where the old church building was then moved to. The old building was cut in half and rebuilt with additional pieces put in between. The official opening took place on November 28, 1912. Reverend Tate officiated at this Church until he retired in 1929.
- Typewritten notes at the bottom of this photo read: "The Church of the Redeemer (Anglican) shown completed 1912. St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church shown to far left. The right is the foundations of boarding house that burned in 1909"
- Date of Original
- Circa 1912
- Local History
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 46.25006 Longitude: -83.5666
- Creative Commons licence
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Thessalon Union Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
187 Main St. Box 549
Thessalon, ON P0R 1L0