Deconstruction of Nesterville Catholic Church, circa 1928
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This is a black and white photo of the remains of the Nestorville Catholic Church while it was being dismantled. Due to lack of population in the area, the decision to take the church down was made. The dismantling was done by Mr. Dave McFarling and the statues were given to members of the Nestorville community.
- The Nestorville Catholic Church was originally the Catholic Church of Thessalon. It was sold to the Nestorville congregation when the Thessalon congregation required a larger church. It was brought to the Nestorville site in the winter across the ice, hauled by a horse drawn sleigh.
Ownership of the remains of the church changed hands several times and the rear of the original building was still visible from the Highway at the time the photo was taken.
This photo can be found in the Tweedsmuir History created by the Nesterville Women's Institute.
- Date of Original
- circa 1928
Width: 5 in
Height: 3.5 in
- local history
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 46.25006 Longitude: -83.5666
- Creative Commons licence
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Thessalon Union Public LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
187 Main St. Box 549
Thessalon, ON P0R 1L0