WLU Winter Carnival '69
- Waterloo Lutheran University, Author
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Program for "Klondike Days & Nights", the Waterloo Lutheran University winter carnival held January 21-25, 1969. Contains a history of the University's annual winter carnival and the Miss Canadian University Queen pageant, messages from President Frank C. Peters and Winter Carnival Chairman Peter E. Larsen, schedule of events, and images of campus, students, and past winter carnivals. Also includes biographies and images of featured entertainers Diana Ross and the Supremes, Don Crawford, Wilmer Alexander and the Dukes, and Phase III. Also includes images and information about the Miss Canadian University Queen Pageant, selection committee members, and contestants.
- The first Winter Carnival at Waterloo Lutheran University was held in 1961. The Winter Carnival and the Miss Canadian University Queen Pageant were organized and run entirely by the students of Waterloo Lutheran University. The event featured outdoor activities, ice sculpture contests, musical concerts, sporting events, and the Miss Canadian University Queen Pageant. The last Queen Pageant hosted by WLU was in 1970.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Date of Original
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University Winter Carnival collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- Text Disc4
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5