Five students standing on a platform
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of five male students standing on a platform at a train station. They are wearing coats and hats. Three suitcases are on the platform in front of the men. Left to right: J.E. Miller, Waterloo College student; L. Ciceri, Waterloo College School student; Edgar Fischer, Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada student; Wilfrid Schweitzer, Waterloo College School student; Theodore Wagner, Waterloo College School student.
- Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 it became Waterloo Lutheran University, composed of Waterloo University College and Waterloo Lutheran Seminary. In 1973 Waterloo Lutheran University became Wilfrid Laurier University. In September 1999 Laurier Brantford opened in Brantford, Ontario.
The Evangelical Lutheran Seminary in Canada established Waterloo College School in 1914. It offered pre-theological education leading to senior matriculation. Waterloo College School closed in 1929 as the focus shifted to higher education with the establishment of Waterloo College, which is now Wilfrid Laurier University, located in Waterloo, Ontario.
- Date of Original
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 6cm
Image Height: 10.5cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc3
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5