Waterloo Lutheran University bed push, 1961
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of nine male Waterloo Lutheran University students, and Snow Queen Jeannie Vancise, gathered around a hospital bed. The students pushed the bed from London to Kitchener. In the background is a large Waterloo University College banner.
- This photograph is damaged.
The bed push was one of the activities held at the 1961 Waterloo Lutheran University Winter Carnival. A group of Willison Hall students pushed the hospital bed from London, Ontario to Kitchener, Ontario. They traveled 71 miles, in a time of 8 and 23 minutes.
Winter Carnival is an annual event organized by Wilfrid Laurier University students. The first Winter Carnival was held in 1961. Over the years the event has featured many different activities, including ice sculpture contests, musical concerts, outdoor sporting events, and the Miss Canadian University Queen Pageant.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Reverse, in pencil: Dr. Herman Overgaard
Reverse, in marker: 157
- Date of Original
- Jan. 1961
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 24.5cm
Image Height: 19.5cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc20
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5