Three Waterloo College C.O.T.C. cadets at Fort Henry
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of three male Waterloo College students touring Fort Henry while on leave from Canadian Officers' Training Corps training in Kingston, Ontario. Left to right: Fred Dahms, Don McNaughton, Harold Russell.
- Partial label affixed to upper left corner. Reads "Henry / Kingston"
The university-based Canadian Officers’ Training Corps (C.O.T.C.) trained undergraduate students for officer commissions in the Canadian Army reserves. Cadets pursued their degree throughout the school year, and served Canadian Army corps during the summer. The Waterloo College detachment of the University of Western Ontario Contingent was established in 1940.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Date of Original
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 11cm
Image Height: 12cm
- Local identifier
- Harold Russell fonds
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.23122 Longitude: -76.4591
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- S742 Disc1
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5