Canadian Officers' Training Corps no. 3 platoon at Canadian Forces Base Borden
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white group photograph of the Canadian Officers' Training Corps no. 3 platoon at Canadian Forces Base Borden in Barrie, Ontario. This is the School of Infantry. Second row, left end, is Waterloo College student Harold Russell. Second row, sixth from the left, is Waterloo College student Jack Ryan.
- The university-based Canadian Officers’ Training Corps (C.O.T.C.) trained undergraduate students for officer commissions in the Canadian Army reserves. Cadets pursued their degree throughout the school year, and served Canadian Army corps during the summer. The Waterloo College detachment of the University of Western Ontario Contingent was established in 1940.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- NO. 3 PLATOON, C. O. T. C. "A" COY. PHASE 1 R.C.S. of I. CAMP BORDEN ONT. 1955
See Reverse View for names
- Date of Original
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 23cm
Image Height: 8.5cm
- Local identifier
- Harold Russell fonds
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.26821 Longitude: -79.91136
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- S742 Disc1
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5